Single speed projects

divernick

Swearing helps for me...

also makes me feel better when I have to get off and push.

That spesific section has also caught me out a couple of times...my philosophy mostly is ATTACK from the bottom and hopefully have enough momentum to carry to the top...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so swearing and grunting, no problem! Momentum ...... that little hump makes one back off a bit and then there is not enough of that to get up so it is brute power from the legs, clearly lacking there (plus lugging my fat ass up there of course :()

Ok so swearing and grunting, no problem! Momentum ...... that little hump makes one back off a bit and then there is not enough of that to get up so it is brute power from the legs, clearly lacking there (plus lugging my fat ass up there of course :()

I use the little bump to almost pump track that section! I love that little climb.. Likes to beat me up

Hi there all you Single speedsters.

So here is the story ,I have been in the process of building a SS for a while and hopefully it's going to turn out as cool as I hope.

Firstly I have to say a big big THANK YOU to Mattie ,DIPS and Wyatt for the frame .It started off a bit battered but with a bit of love managed to get it sorted . I'm almost done so this way won't stretch the story out to long I will post some pics as I go.

Wait till you see the rest....

I am saying nothing. .. its his story... and there are some even more trick bits coming. ..

love this mans work...

The tree above the hump is hanging low at the moment, you have to duck, killing all chances of building momentum. I had to walk the last 1/4 of the climb on Wednesday...

The tree above the hump is hanging low at the moment, you have to duck, killing all chances of building momentum. I had to walk the last 1/4 of the climb on Wednesday...

You guys just need to be shorter then the tree isn't an issue

I will speak to the proprietor about that  :ph34r:

You guys just need to be shorter then the tree isn't an issue

Exactly!!! I did the Fire Station section on a 32x17 last week, almost killed me, the tree was the least of my worries.

I will speak to the proprietor about that  :ph34r:

And he has been duly informed, not sure what action will be taken .....

On a different note, my SS (GT) is primed and ready for its first coat of real paint tomorrow, going to visit Kiwi later for some 650B rims.

Painting going to take a while though, got 6 more stages to go through.