Formula 1...

'Dale

Brilliant race. Anyone who thinks Merc would have won with Russell in that seat today needs to appreciate LH44’s talents.

But Redbull lost that one. They should have held position and taken a 5sec penalty post race. Even better, MV33 should not have exceeded track limits on the pass.

I’m looking forward the the next race. Now onto MotoGP.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a little patience was needed from Max, as the Red Bull with Max at the wheel had the pace today, so he'd surely have taken Lewis with DRS. Lewis did a fantastic job, as good as he could have given with an assumed car deficit. Checo did well after the pit lane start. I hope Checo starts whipping Bottas so that RBR can pull ahead in the WCC.

Excellent race.

44 went off track there a couple of times without sanction. Seems a tad unfair 33 had to concede the position.

But a glorious race.

Perez shined. Well done

Lewis was one more infringement away from a black/white flag, with the next thereafter leading to 5s penalty. The stewards confused the drivers there today though. But yeah, great start to the season! Can't wait for Checo to start whipping Bottas and punishing Merc for driver choices and ultimately lead to them suffering in the WCC fight.

I like the new MotoGP innovation where they put pressure pads on the outside in the green areas, immediately know when someone has strayed a bit.

They also have strict rules, 3 times you get a warning on the dash, 2 more times and you get a long loop penalty. Don't take that and you get time added. A lot more fair.

After my response above and thinking a bit more.
F1 many years ago allowed drivers to use the curb and then some. Bad call I think.
That being said the pressure pads could be put at exact points accounting for the cars width it they were straddling the curb.

I just think the FIA cannot run this series properly, they haven't for some time which is why the racing has stagnated. Dorna can be commended for the turn around in MotoGP, an example of how good F1 could become again with good rules and implementation.

I laaik Max, hey. Just pure racer

Great to see him up there with Lewis, another pure racer.

It's a bit like the sun setting on the one and rising on another - generations.

I will make a prediction and need to come back to this post at the end of the year. 

Mazespin will crash out of at least half the races this year and he will take someone with him in half of those.

For F1 and racing sakes, I hope I am wrong but the oke is a hazard.

The Alpha Tauris were an impressive surprise for me. I am keen to see Pierre and Yuki mixing it up.

I was hoping the Mclaren's would be a bit more competitive.

Seb- Ai Ai Ai, I was really hoping for a better performance BUT the quali was maybe a bit of bad luck so the last place start was not a true reflection imho. The crash into Ocon though............. Even last year he seemed a bit skittish in close racing and often ended up crashing so I don't know. I see he has sort of admitted guilt. I do hope and believe he will be up there soon.

As far as the winner is concerned. Same old S#!t, different year. Please Please Please Max get it hooked up and put this oke to shame. Gatvol of all his political off the track crap. I want to watch F1, not all his personal view vegan kneeling rubbish.

I will make a prediction and need to come back to this post at the end of the year. 

Mazespin will crash out of at least half the races this year and he will take someone with him in half of those.

The Alpha Tauris were an impressive surprise for me. I am keen to see Pierre and Yuki mixing it up.

Seb- Ai Ai Ai, I was really hoping for a better performance BUT the quali was maybe a bit of bad luck so the last place start was not a true reflection imho. The crash into Ocon though............. Even last year he seemed a bit skittish in close racing and often ended up crashing so I don't know. I see he has sort of admitted guilt. I do hope and believe he will be up there soon.

As far as the winner is concerned. Same old S#!t, different year. Please Please Please Max get it hooked up and put this oke to shame. Gatvol of all his political off the track crap. I want to watch F1, not all his personal view vegan kneeling rubbish.

Mazepan has officially completed more formation laps than race laps at this point in time.

Money can buy the car, but it cannot drive it......

You and me both.....

I laaik Max, hey. Just pure racer

Great to see him up there with Lewis, another pure racer.

It's a bit like the sun setting on the one and rising on another - generations.

Come now, Max and Lewis can hardly be compared from a racer point of view.

Sneaky attempt to bring some panache to Lewis, uitgevang :P

Come now, Max and Lewis can hardly be compared from a racer point of view.

Sneaky attempt to bring some panache to Lewis, uitgevang :P

Give credit where it’s due, Patch’ ????????

. The safety car has completed more race laps than he has :D

That AM safety car is a thing of beauty. One of the commentators was saying they spoke to Bert and asked what he thought. He says it's a bit lighter than the Merc and corners a lot better.

They also said we will see a lot more safety cars this year and fewer virtual safety cars due to this new sponsorship. The 2 cars will rotate each race. So expect that thing to just rock up at the first sign of anyone shedding carbon in the dirt.