Formula 1...

'Dale

what annoys me most is LH44's hypocrisy. and the fact that it appears that whenever there is a 50/50 decision where LH44 is involved, it tends to go his way.

I too am not a huge Seb fan, I reluctantly cheer him on because I am a Ferrari fan. He has folded under the pressure for the last 2 years, and clearly cannot live up to the standard set by Mr Schumacher. 

What also irks me is that LH44 goes onto social media and whatnot saying he wishes for tougher/harder racing like the old days, and then when there's a 50/50 call racing incident as we've seen, he complains about it.

I will say this: if he went on to overtake Seb on the track, which seemed like it was possible, the entire situation would have been different and I for one would not be on here hating on him, in fact he would have earned HUGE respect from most F1 supporters, including people like myself who generally cant stand the guy.

This exactly.

Honestly, Lewis bitches he wants a fight/challenge, surely passing Vettel to prove he would have won irrespective is just that.

Instead he falls back and cowers behind Vettel, but just close enough to steal the win. What a champion.......

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He saw what was coming, and then placed his car in the position, very well. Clever move.

100%, most drivers would anticipate what was about to happen and aim for the inside line. He did seem to lurch forward at the last moment just as much as Vettel was moving over trying to catch the car before it hit the wall.

Anyway, this could go on FOR DAYS!!!

haha, ja, it was crazy funny...

IMO Attempting to overtake would have been a better option to + 5 seconds

Anyway, it’s what it is

Allowed for some some fun antics after the race... vettel moving the position board.... LMAO

Disagree, if you watch the cockpit cam view you can see he is still correcting the car slide from the grass.

Vettel did not have much option where his car ended up.

However in hindsight, they (Ferrari) should have immediately told Vettel to give the position the Hamilton.... that way they most likely would have not been penalised 5 sec.

You disagree because you think I’m talking about Vettel placing his car expertly. Vettel was out of control. Lewis placed his car well.

Bottom line......

Once again pressure from Lewis forced Vettel into a mistake.

I don’t really care what happened after that.

Lewis couldn’t take the hair pin once correctly all weekend...

The same can be said of the Merc now. It’s the best car on the grid by a long shot.

It’s much easier to apply pressure to other drivers if you have a more sorted car than them.

That is what I said in my last sentence isn’t it?

Saying “I don’t care what happened after that” is a statement magnitudes stronger than “preferred”.

As a person who has such experience in motor racing, you should have seen first hand how important rules are, and no doubt how MSA inconsistently applies these in various areas and classes.

Vettel made a mistake due to pressure from another driver. (We assume this, but it’s likely). However one cannot say that we don’t care what happened after that. Rules of Motorsport are as much part of the sport as making sure you are putting pressure on the guy in front of you.

We could go round in circles here. Your points are valid. Ok, let me try rephrase....

By avoiding the situation (i.e don’t make a rookie mistake under pressure) the rules and risk of how the rules will be implemented could have been avoided.

We could go round in circles here. Your points are valid. Ok, let me try rephrase....

By avoiding the situation (i.e don’t make a rookie mistake under pressure) the rules and risk of how the rules will be implemented could have been avoided.

I agree, I misunderstood you. Thanks for clarifying.

On a different Formula....Anyone been following the W-Series racing? Our very own Tasmin Pepper representing South Africa very well thus far.

Well worth following and watching the selection process from the beginning.