'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed, or still just talk?

Ok, not 100% confirmed but

The City said: "The City of Cape Town has been approached by the Cape Town Formula E Consortium about the possibility of bringing the Formula E to the city. Supported by the City, the consortium will undertake a feasibility study this month in order to test the practicality of hosting this event in Cape Town."

https://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/watch-formula-e-wants-to-race-in-cape-town-electric-racers-to-hit-the-mother-citys-streets-20190605

Ok, not 100% confirmed but

The City said: "The City of Cape Town has been approached by the Cape Town Formula E Consortium about the possibility of bringing the Formula E to the city. Supported by the City, the consortium will undertake a feasibility study this month in order to test the practicality of hosting this event in Cape Town."

https://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/watch-formula-e-wants-to-race-in-cape-town-electric-racers-to-hit-the-mother-citys-streets-20190605

That was the last I saw as well. It would be really great if they came.

Good luck charging all those cars with our infrastructure and reliable power supply...........

They don't use the local electrical infrastructure to recharge the cars at any of the races.

As Formula E wants to play a key role in advancing the technology surrounding electric car ownership not just the cars themselves, the bold decision was taken that the charging of the racing cars had to come from a sustainable source.

To this end, a British company called Aquafuel Research Ltd was commissioned to build a pair of mobile generators that could be packed inside a shipping container and freighted to each race. But what makes these generators special is that they run on a fuel that is virtually emission free – glycerine.

“What we do is provide an electric power and distribution system in a very controlled way so that the cars can be charged in an hour in a very safe and reliable way that is fair to all the teams,” says Paul Day, the CEO of Aquafuel. “The really beautiful thing about it is that we do that with our own patented renewable energy generators using a really clean fuel – clean in terms of carbon emissions and clean in terms of the local air quality, very low in NOx emissions, very low in particulate emissions – there’s no smoke.”

They don't use the local electrical infrastructure to recharge the cars at any of the races.

As Formula E wants to play a key role in advancing the technology surrounding electric car ownership not just the cars themselves, the bold decision was taken that the charging of the racing cars had to come from a sustainable source.

To this end, a British company called Aquafuel Research Ltd was commissioned to build a pair of mobile generators that could be packed inside a shipping container and freighted to each race. But what makes these generators special is that they run on a fuel that is virtually emission free – glycerine.

“What we do is provide an electric power and distribution system in a very controlled way so that the cars can be charged in an hour in a very safe and reliable way that is fair to all the teams,” says Paul Day, the CEO of Aquafuel. “The really beautiful thing about it is that we do that with our own patented renewable energy generators using a really clean fuel – clean in terms of carbon emissions and clean in terms of the local air quality, very low in NOx emissions, very low in particulate emissions – there’s no smoke.”

Thanks for this, interesting read.

Thanks, interesting, also now I have this stuck in my head!!!

• 2 weeks later...

that qualifying was the best thing this whole season

...I think ferrari want to go off the line at light speed to come in quick later for hards and go on from there with track positiion

Having seen Max race on iRacing I was not surprised by his barge. Many petitioning for him to be banned in fact...........

He is a better driver than that and it wasn't necessary.

Look at the brilliant battle between Kimi and Gasly, close quarters and bugger all contact. I know we want them to race but that was not right......

Having seen Max race on iRacing I was not surprised by his barge. Many petitioning for him to be banned in fact...........

He is a better driver than that and it wasn't necessary.

Look at the brilliant battle between Kimi and Gasly, close quarters and bugger all contact. I know we want them to race but that was not right......

Has he been sanctioned by the stewards yet? Last I heard they "were looking into the incident".

I remember Vettle did something similar in Brazil, but against Hamilton I think, basically forced him off the road to avoid contact. Stewards did nothing. So would be surprised if they do decide to penalize him.

Has he been sanctioned by the stewards yet? Last I heard they "were looking into the incident".

I remember Vettle did something similar in Brazil, but against Hamilton I think, basically forced him off the road to avoid contact. Stewards did nothing. So would be surprised if they do decide to penalize him.

I believe no action will be taken, thats as per the F1 twitter page so should be legit.

There was a fake report doing the rounds too yesterday saying 5sec penalty.