Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2021 at 8:50 AM, Vetplant said:

I think it is Naas(or Nick Mallet) who said that you need to have your gameplay on such a high level that a wrong refereeing decision will not be able to take the win away from you.

Springboks got that right at RWC 2019. (The SF against Wales was way too close in that aspect) 

But some matchups are just so tight that it is impossible to get that far ahead and you unfortunately need to live with the losses as much as you live with the wins that come from those 50/50 calls.

This year was insanely tight between Max and Lewis and it is absolutely a fair reflection on the season that a controversial refereeing decision seems to be a major factor in deciding who won the Championship. But there were MANY such decisions throughout the year, not just this one. Any one of them could have swung it one way or another, it was that close.

LEWIS would have been a Worthy champion if the dice fell his way in this last race.

MAX is a worthy champion, even taking into account the fall of the dice on those last laps at Abu Dhabi.

MERCEDES deserves the Constructors Championship, that car and Engine is MEGA!

I agree Mercedes should be constructors champ but Verstappen has been operating at a level above Hamilton for two seasons now. LH has been more interested in politics against his competitors than in improving his own game. Verstappen played a very god season. Always maximising his chances and his had some rotten luck including some dirty tactics by his championship rival who has been getting off lightly for some a few years now. MV lead more laps than all other F1 drivers combined in 2021 and won more races. Over the season he was the more complete package and therefore by far the more deserving winner. Mercedes also cost red bull an engine otherwise Honda would only have needed  the required 3 engines where’s merc used 5 in both cars. Clearly they turned them up and therefore broke the spirit of the rules . The grid penalties are light when you consider there isn’t enough quality in the F1 grid. The right champ was crowned 

On 12/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, BaGearA said:

Lots of people are wrongly writing mazepin off , he did good in f2 and never drove a Prema 

... don't give me that its " A spec series " everyone knows its not reqlly 

He was possibly the most improved driver of 2021. Look how he couldn't keep it on the track in the first few races and in the end he was pretty consistent. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, 'Dale said:

IG bits

6C4C6542-4B68-4566-A452-2F019561FEBB.jpeg

Nigel Mansell, 13 seasons?! Wow, talk about hanging on to a dream. 

On 12/18/2021 at 4:10 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Their no show may result in sanctions. They should have been there. 

Prime example of sore losers. I believe they will only have to pay a fine each, nothing more. 

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

Read somewhere that max is the first champion since niki Lauda in 1984 to have never raced the GOAT Schumacher. 

amazing stat really

That's correct. 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, gemmerbal said:

lastly for me the disappointment of the season must be Schumi Jnr, sadly.

Why? He's gone on to be reserve driver for Scuderia, so it can't be all that bad.. 

8 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Why? He's gone on to be reserve driver for Scuderia, so it can't be all that bad.. 

He really had no chance in that Haas, so hopefully they'll have a better car next year.

30 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

you sure about that ? AFAIK Gio is the reserve for all the races which don't interfere with Formula E and for those Schwartzman is rumoured to stand in for Antonio