Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

After all the rain the last few weeks, is there still so many tree stumps blocking the Ribbok SingleTrack ? Anyone have a update Please...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the rain the last few weeks, is there still so many tree stumps blocking the Ribbok SingleTrack ? Anyone have a update Please...

See post as below. There were two trees down on the diverted section on Saturday.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:15

CLOSURE OF RIBBOK SINGLE TRACK  

Due to the danger posed by falling trees, we have decided to close the  Ribbok single track as of this Friday for the next couple of months until such time as most of the burned trees have toppled over and it is safe to ride the single track again.  Temporary signage will be put up to divert riders along the bottom of Ribbok.   

Please note that Medium Green will also be closed down as a result of the closure of Ribbok.  Long green remains open.

Hi all, reccomended coffee stop on green loop start and end at Hazendal?

Reward yourself after your ride on the Bottelary Hills Mtb trails! Awaken your senses with a cup of fresh coffee this weekend. Fresh Caffe’s pop up coffee stall will be at the Hazendal Bike Park on Saturday and Sunday serving cappuccinos, hot chocolate, Americanos and pastries.

Hi guys, just want to warm you guys that Saturday while we did the Yellow route the farmer decided to open up a shooting range close to route please be aware for your safety

I think I passed you at the dam at the bottom of the Fish Eagle trail. That is a regular occurrence and most riders on Bottelary Hills are well aware of the Carinus' shooting range  :whistling:

Nobody passed me, been riding Botts for 4 years 1st time I've seen the shooting on fish eagle, hence me posting ????????????

The shooting range is not close to any trails or shooting in the direction of the trails. Its in the kloof which you pass below and over top but very safe. The farmers are going on a hunt this weekend so think was just some fine tuning. If you stick to the trails you dont have to stress.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife has just messaged me to say that two of her running friends were attacked on Zevenwacht just past Bakwena Spa this morning. All their stuff stolen and the one lady badly hit with a pipe.

Freaking sucks as I've always felt safe to ride on my own there. Seemingly not anymore. Stay safe out there peeps

:cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Ag nee man, daar van alle plekke.

Voel altyd so veilig daar.

Hoop hulle is OK!

Enige kommentaar van die Bottelary HIlls conservancy??

My wife has just messaged me to say that two of her running friends were attacked on Zevenwacht just past Bakwena Spa this morning. All their stuff stolen and the one lady badly hit with a pipe.

Freaking sucks as I've always felt safe to ride on my own there. Seemingly not anymore. Stay safe out there peeps

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

That really sucks big time. I rode there during the week last week, 4 guys were in the bush handing out what looks like loot they stole somewhere - when they saw me the scattered very quickly.

Makes me sad that the area is feeling less and less safe - my mom often rides there with 2 or 3 of her cycling buddies, not the most reassuring thing...

Terrible!!  I rode here solo a few days ago.... my wife does the same on occasion.