Online Bike Shops - discussions and recommendations

riaanb

Online Bike store rating  

301 members have voted

1. 1. The best all-round online store - pricing, service, range, shipping etc is?

• Chain Reaction Cycles
    • Evans Cycles
    • UK Bike Store
    • Wiggle
    • Pro Bike Kit
    • Parker International
    • Total Cycling
    • Other - Please specify
    • Buycycle.co.za
    • CWC Online

no problem, but that also cost money.

My point is very simple, yes, maybe you can score R200 in a order if buying from overseas, but hell, it is so much more worth that you can take something back to Chris willemse, exchange it and build that relationship.

After all, they are also doing the maintenance, leaving you with a VOICE to speak if they do crappy work.

But, yes a lot of guys are working on their own bikes, I just dont think the SCORE is so much if you buy from overseas.

And yes, I order a complete XT groupset from CRCyles, had to return the front derailer because the send me the down swing instead of upswing.

Like I said - many threads debating the merits of online buying and many more opinions. I'm not going to get into that and I hope nobody else does. Just trying to see what is out there. I added the poll based on your suggestion.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever order from Jenson USA? They are apparantly the big one there.

used them a couple of times - never had any problems with them, although delivery is not as quick as CRC.

I've used Wiggle.co.uk in the past, but CRC usually has better deals.

Yeah, and the wiggle staff appear to have come from cajees. They know f'all about bikes.

• 3 weeks later...

Used www.easybike.co.za, which was very good and fast, and www.aspirevelotech.com in the US. The later sent via Fedex. Shippment arrived within 1 week, tax paid to Fedex and door delivery. No problems at all.

• 3 months later...

Just been seaching the various threads and can't find a complete list of what online shops there are based in South Africa.

There are the two that I know of, CWCycles & BuyCycle, . I know there are way more, just can't find anything.

So can you recommend some places to try. :)

Edited by Caerus

If this is a duplicate thread, I do apologise, but the search gave me nothing. Hope fully it can be a comprhensive list. :thumbup:

Just looking at a list of shops like CWC or CRC based websites that are local, not just a shop that has a website.

Edited by RodTi
Tidying up the thread

This thread is useless without pics links

[Pinned it Hubbers - please try and limit thread hi-jacks - let's see if we can get a concise list up.]

Edited by RodTi