• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is that supposed to be?

He covers, and badly so, for Nick Mallet when Nick is on some sort of a holiday....

Yeah, except that they DIDN'T do it with their phones. 

People underestimate the value of a good design process. This is a simple design, yet probably had to satisfy all sorts of requirements and conditions. 

Fact is, they needed to design something. Someone had to design it for them. Someone (the designer) still needs to eat, and ABSA are a pretty large entity. Therefore, the logo is pretty darn visible, and the charge for the design should also reflect that (impact / reach / visibility / turnover etc) as well as if there would be royalties for use in the future, or if it's a once off payment for their IP.

IMO R1m for a design for ABSA is pretty low. It'll feature EVERYWHERE. 

Yeah, except that they DIDN'T do it with their phones. 

People underestimate the value of a good design process. This is a simple design, yet probably had to satisfy all sorts of requirements and conditions. 

Fact is, they needed to design something. Someone had to design it for them. Someone (the designer) still needs to eat, and ABSA are a pretty large entity. Therefore, the logo is pretty darn visible, and the charge for the design should also reflect that (impact / reach / visibility / turnover etc) as well as if there would be royalties for use in the future, or if it's a once off payment for their IP.

IMO R1m for a design for ABSA is pretty low. It'll feature EVERYWHERE. 

it is still rather a k@k@ design .... looks like a steering wheel for a car branded "absa"

People underestimate the value of a good design process. 

Trust me, I don't . When I'm asked, Uni make us a logo ...I get it ...the point is (and the 1 million is probably low considering the client ) - but my point is as @Hairy said - it's a *** design.... for the money they have, the hype that no doubt costs even more -  they could have surely come up with something better...

and they've been going on about the new slogan ...I seriously still do not know what it is ... 

pretty shitty for a marketing campaign I'd say.

Is ABSA changing their Logo?

Absa is changing EVERYTHING. Now with Barclays fully inclusive, time for an "update to be fully representative"

abs-warning-light-136020.jpg

I'm sorry but that is pretty funny.

I work in a building with Barclays/ABSA offices and I now know what all the fuss has been about the last few days.

36936998_10156319034658672_5280093417718

LOL .... personal experience....decided to sleep in and take the bike and bus to work yesterday morning ..... the lady sitting next to me drops her phone into my rear wheel and she frantically starts trying to take it out mangling the phone and cover .... so I asked her to stop and calmly removed her phone.