• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I once explained the rpm and power these bmx guys produce on a thread here. I was flamed and called a bul...sh.....er

You are correct ... 50% of the time .. :ph34r: :whistling:

I once explained the rpm and power these bmx guys produce on a thread here. I was flamed and called a bul...sh.....er

if i remember correctly, Sifiso Nhlapo made well over 1,000w on the initial sprint

EDIT: Holy FAAARK!!!

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236286198_Velocity_Production_in_Elite_BMX_Riders_A_Field_Based_Study_Using_a_SRM_Power_Meter

The aim of this study was to analyze the production of velocity in bicycle motocross (BMX) compared to other cycling disciplines. Six elite BMX riders, 5 males and 1 female who competed and trained regularly for a period of 12 yrs ± 2 agreed to take part in this study. Each rider performed 3, 50-m sprint tests and a single 200 m fatigue test. The riders’ peak power, fatigue index, power to weight ratio, and cycling revolution per minute were analyzed using a Schoberer Rad Messtechnik (SRM) BMX power meter. The BMX riders’ peak power and power to weight ratio were all found to be similar to those in other sprint cycling events. Peak power outputs of 1539 ± 148 W and 1030 W were recorded with mean power to weight ratios of 21.29 ± 0.84 Watts/Kilogram and 16.65 Watts/Kilogram. The BMX riders’ power fatigue index was found to be higher than other sprint events as riders fatigued at a greater rate. Mean fatigue index was 61.19 ± 5.97 Watts/Second for the male riders and 53.04 Watts/Second for the female rider. A notable finding of this study was the relationship of cycling cadence (rev•min-1), peak power (Watts) and velocity (mi•h-1). This relationship suggests once a BMX rider achieves peak power their pedaling cadence becomes the major contributory factor to velocity production.

Read the rest of the text. Elite BMX riders have the same w/kg output as track sprinters, more or less. Only reason the mean output is lower (actual wattage recorded) is that BMXers on avg are 30kg lighter than trackies. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Friday's learning channel .....bicycle curves.

#occupational hazards of tobacco tins aside. Very cool.

flipping cool