I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

First time in history of South Africa whereby police are at the scene immediately. 

96792945_2762105413886794_53070283172730

Nissan is a complete write off. Toy just needs a new bumper and a bend of the bonnet.The rest will buff right out. And all this is going to cost Joe Taxpayer 35 Million 7 Thousand and 20 thousand and 4 hundred thousand and Seveeentie rand.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the one n Morph's pic is a 6210. That was my first phone. Only got it when I turned 18

youngster, and that was a flagship phone. who gives a kid such a fancy piece of tech?!

I'm a sucker for old bicycles and old Tech. Below is some of my collection (A really small small taste)

i do this too.

am a bit worried about lithium batteries exploding over time. do you turf them once they start expanding?

youngster, and that was a flagship phone. who gives a kid such a fancy piece of tech?!

i do this too.

am a bit worried about lithium batteries exploding over time. do you turf them once they start expanding?

Correct, I could only get a 3310, and when that died (yes I managed to break one) I got a loaner 6210. Man what a phone it was!!!

i do this too.

It was a hand-me-down from my Dad. All my mates where jealous even though most of them had phones for years already.

i do this too.

I had a beeper when I was 17, then I was upgraded to a 2110 in bright yellow later that year. 3110's and 3310's were the shiz. As were those Alcatels. 

I think the one n Morph's pic is a 6210. That was my first phone. Only got it when I turned 18

When that phone came out I drooled over it. I remember my dad having one, it was cutting edge haha

My first brick was a 3310 like most people here. I was in Standard 5 at the time.

I had a beeper when I was 17, then I was upgraded to a 2110 in bright yellow later that year. 3110's and 3310's were the shiz. As were those Alcatels. 

Shame, my brother saved up for months and used all of his birthday money to buy an Alcatel - it had the most fun games loaded to it. He had it for about 2 days when I pushed him into the pool (something we did for fun as kids). He was the moer in with me and I had to replace the phone. After that we stopped randomly pushing each other into the pool - one of the many fun things phones changed for kids.

Those things were from the devil. They worked when they wanted to and did not work when you needed them. Was such a relief when I got my first Motorola Brick.

Those things were from the devil. They worked when they wanted to and did not work when you needed them. Was such a relief when I got my first Motorola Brick.

Antiguo-Mensatel-Beeper-Philips.jpg

One of these, but with a different model name. Think it was called a two-can or something. Useful for my parents to tell me if they were running late for school pickups / sports events etc. 

Nissan is a complete write off. Toy just needs a new bumper and a bend of the bonnet.The rest will buff right out. And all this is going to cost Joe Taxpayer 35 Million 7 Thousand and 20 thousand and 4 hundred thousand and Seveeentie rand.

If by Toy you mean Mazda then I agree......

I got fired due to a faulty Motorolla Pager (the one with the slanty line acroos the face and four buttons). Found myself in a poor signal area, missed the page, jobless!

Was before the CCMA days and quite a bad experience for me. But life went on and I'm fine now, just running low on beer at the moment...

I got fired due to a faulty Motorolla Pager (the one with the slanty line acroos the face and four buttons). Found myself in a poor signal area, missed the page, jobless!

Was before the CCMA days and quite a bad experience for me. But life went on and I'm fine now, just running low on beer at the moment...

I was on call for emergencies over an Easter Weekend and though that it was great fun because I could go around, ride my bike and so on..........nobody bothered me all weekend long......... and then Tuesday came and I got marched up the red carpet to  be sprayed with spittle! The big chief had his knife in for me after that and I ended up on the not-so-friendly end of a war! But I also got an incredible opportunity, and made a friend for life, so shouldn't complain about unreliable bleepers. 

Antiguo-Mensatel-Beeper-Philips.jpg

One of these, but with a different model name. Think it was called a two-can or something. Useful for my parents to tell me if they were running late for school pickups / sports events etc. 

Hey ... at least your parents picked you up for school and sports events ............