• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Groot Brak Rivier, Pine Creek Caravan Park is Cheetah country today!

post-32865-1477134334,9112.jpg

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

Glenfiddich Rewrites the Whisky Rulebook

Glenfiddich Launches First Ever IPA-Finished single malt Scotch whisky: Glenfiddich IPA Experiment

Glenfiddich, the World’s Most Awarded Single Malt Whisky, launches the Glenfiddich Experimental Series, a new range that combines the brand’s passion for pushing Scotch whisky boundaries and collaborating with trailblazers beyond the world of whisky. Available in South Africa from October 2016, the Glenfiddich Experimental Series is designed to inspire unusual and unexpected variants, and sees the unveiling of the first release, the Glenfiddich IPA Experiment, the world’s first single malt Scotch whisky finished in India Pale Ale (IPA) craft beer casks.

Glenfiddich Malt Master, Brian Kinsman created the Glenfiddich IPA Experiment in collaboration with a Speyside craft brewer, who shares a passion for innovative flavours. They worked together to pioneer a new single malt scotch whisky imbued with zesty citrus and tangy hops from the oak casks that had previously held a bold Speyside IPA. In the process of Glenfiddich crafting a new whisky for the Glenfiddich Experimental Series, the pair also created a brand new IPA craft beer.

To pioneer a brand new malt, the collaborators first had to design and create a new IPA craft beer that would go into whisky casks, which would later be used to finish the first experimental variant. The intensive experimental process involved creating three separate brews of different strengths and levels of hops. Brian seasoned up to nine American oak casks at a time with the IPA brews, varying the time the IPA craft beer spent penetrating into the oak casks, before filling the casks back up with whisky to assess the flavour profiles.

Glenfiddich’s Malt Master, Brian Kinsman said: “The Experimental Series builds on Glenfiddich’s long tradition of innovation and takes us to new levels of experimentation in a way no distillery has ever done before. The new range combines our passion for pushing Scotch whisky boundaries and collaborating with trailblazers in the whisky world and beyond. We’re thrilled to announce the new Glenfiddich IPA Experiment variant, borne from our collaboration with a Speyside craft brewer, and excited about the future possibilities with this Experimental Series.”

Brian Kinsman added: “The idea behind the Glenfiddich IPA Experiment was quite unusual but one we were passionate about – we wanted to really play with the flavours to see what we could create. Glenfiddich’s first whisky finished in IPA craft beer casks is testament to us challenging ourselves to produce something vibrant and unusual. The result is a liquid with a zesty citrus note followed by soft, sweet vanilla and a hint of fresh hops. The innovative flavour comes from carefully hand-selecting the right malt whiskies to complement the extra hoppy notes.”

Created from partnerships and collaborations with like-minded mavericks from a wide range of different industries, the Glenfiddich Experimental Series unlocks new whisky possibilities in the true spirit of experimentation. The Glenfiddich IPA Experiment is the first in the series which will include a number of unexpected variants over time.

The Glenfiddich Experimental Series launches in South Africa from October 2016, retailing at R999.00 in all leading liquor outlets.