• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this american holiday here in South Africa, but much like Guy Fawkes it is taking over.

Ok, I googled it, its actually from Gaelic origins. Rather interesting too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

I've only celebrated Halloween twice. Once in 2001 when I went to a Halloween dress up party at a nightclub with my one ex girlfriend - I went as a vampire. Then in 2013, went camping down the south coast with family on Halloween weekend - I went as a Frankenstein Superman.

My wife is totally against Halloween, so there will be no more Halloween parties for me :(

Kind of like how Easter and Christmas has nothing to do with South Africa either...

Which is why I said its interesting. I didnt realise Halloween was religous

"the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints(hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed."

" Some Christians historically abstained from meat on All Hallows' Eve, a tradition reflected in the eating of certain vegetarian foods on this vigil day, including apples, potato pancakes, and soul cakes."