• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

For anyone tHat has ever worked in networking and made an error resulting in a SNAFU.

this beats that I reckon 

Voyager 2: Nasa loses contact with record-breaking probe after sending wrong command https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-66371569

Years ago I worked in support for Various top tier companies and private hospitals all over Cape Town. The day I resigned, I was called out to a hospital to restore their terminals and network. As soon as I logged in I could tell that someone was working on  the server. I called into the office and they were like no, restore the terminals. So I carried out the instruction, it didnt work, After a few hours a supervisor rocks up and also cannot get it to work. I tell him someone is working on the server and he ignores me. He makes calls etc. Just as our manager walks in the terminals connect after almost a whole day there. It turned out that there was people working on the server at that hospital and at the Telkom building in Belville. I resigned on the spot and told them this could of all been avoided if I was authorised to go check the server room after my call to the office.

43 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Years ago I worked in support for Various top tier companies and private hospitals all over Cape Town. The day I resigned, I was called out to a hospital to restore their terminals and network. As soon as I logged in I could tell that someone was working on  the server. I called into the office and they were like no, restore the terminals. So I carried out the instruction, it didnt work, After a few hours a supervisor rocks up and also cannot get it to work. I tell him someone is working on the server and he ignores me. He makes calls etc. Just as our manager walks in the terminals connect after almost a whole day there. It turned out that there was people working on the server at that hospital and at the Telkom building in Belville. I resigned on the spot and told them this could of all been avoided if I was authorised to go check the server room after my call to the office.

did you check to see if the server was plugged in, and did you restart the system?