• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thanks, yes we are in the Elangeni .... is Sepia a Marine Biologist?

If so, my eldest may be interested in meeting him.

Don't know if he has replied to you yet - yes, he works in that field and has assisted me on two occasions with the identification of crustaceans.

He's a top guy and once gave me an old pair of clip-less pedals that gathered dust in the garage!  

Thanks, Sepia has contacted me and we will certainly be paying him a visit when down in Durban.

On your pedals note .... I will go scrounge through my bikes and compile a list of a parts that I am looking for and then send this ahead of time to Sepia too :P

Don't know if he has replied to you yet - yes, he works in that field and has assisted me on two occasions with the identification of crustaceans.

He's a top guy and once gave me an old pair of clip-less pedals that gathered dust in the garage!  

If my memory serves me right, the film they made won the BANF Film festival a couple of years ago. 

Edit: For those who don't know, El Capitan is a rock face in Yosimite in the USA. It is a sheer face almost the height of Table Mountain and a lot of conventional climbers do it in 2 days, climbing halfway up, sleeping on a portable ledge and climbing the 2nd half the next day. Alex free climb the whole thing in a few hours. Despite what some may think, he is not a daredevil or reckless at all. He is an incredibly talented, calculated and scientific climber who trains and prepares in the extreme. Will I do that, even if I could? Hell no! Not over my dead body! 

Edited by DJR