• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pic but just imagine what it must be like to stay in such a densely populated place 

52546733_917469051793858_821616510172030

Awesome pic but just imagine what it must be like to stay in such a densely populated place 

Looks like a rectangular version of the Ponti City building in Hillbrow.

Last time I heard it had developed a major garbage dump in the inner ground floor area as a result of trash being tossed from the upper floors. I wonder if the owners have fixed it yet?

Last time I heard it had developed a major garbage dump in the inner ground floor area as a result of trash being tossed from the upper floors. I wonder if the owners have fixed it yet?

To my knowledge that was sorted out a while ago. Not sure what it's like now though.

It was cleaned up in 2001 when the new owners took over.

Is that really the interior? And why am I even asking about a meme?

Short answer: No, it's not. 

Long answer: Looks like one of those Airstream jobs, going by the curved rear glass and elongated porthole windows above the sink

We just drove past it yesterday and it gives me the creeps. As a high school boy we watched it being built. Mate of mine lived in Hillbrow. It was initially designed as modern , all in one , hip place to live.

In the early 1980's I worked for a flooring co. that did some repairs and tiling there.

Looking down fifty or so storeys into that dark core scared the dinges out of me. You see the actual rocks of the koppie it's built on in the middle. For me it was like something out of a dark futuristic film.

Edited by Blokman

We just drove past it yesterday and it gives me the creeps. As a high school boy we watched it being built. Mate of mine lived in Hillbrow. It was initially designed as modern , all in one , hip place to live.

In the early 1980's I worked for a flooring co. that did some repairs and tiling there.

Looking down fifty or so storeys into that dark core scared the dinges out of me. You see the actual rocks of the koppie it's built on in the middle. For me it was like something out of a dark futuristic film.

Reminds me of that one apartment block in the newer Judge Dredd film. 

Reminds me of that one apartment block in the newer Judge Dredd film. 

Not saying it was the same building, but wasn't that filmed in SA?