Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Howdie everyone,are we allowed to train in the cradle again now on level 3,or are we still restricted to the 5km radius

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Been lurking around for a while now, finally decided to join the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Cape Town and after many years finally decided to get back into biking. Bought my MTB bike earlier this year after going through a very confusing time trying to understand even the basics. How the cycling world has changed over the years. I'm very glad I found the forum as it's very informative, which helped quite a bit in clearing the mist of confusion, and as a bonus, it's a local South African community.

Hope I might have something useful to contribute some day.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Looking for a new bike. Starting of as a newby. Looking for a bike to buy. Which is better bike. Silverback Sport Elite or Avalanche Reflex Sport

looking forward to response.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, The name is Johan. I was introduced to the hub by a mate of mine that is a tri-athlete.

I am new here so I I hoping to meet a few hubbers and gain valuable biking experience.

Hi and welcome. I have only been here a couple of months and also recently started riding but this is definitely the place to gain quality knowledge.

Enjoy your stay here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

New here and also new to mountain biking. 

Decided to buy a MTB a week ago to start getting back into shape and looking forward to the new adventure that awaits. 

Hope to learn a lot from all the knowledge and experience here on the forum. 

I am from Centurion and pretty old (47) but still enjoy life and what it has to offer. 

Hi all,

New here and also new to mountain biking.

Decided to buy a MTB a week ago to start getting back into shape and looking forward to the new adventure that awaits.

Hope to learn a lot from all the knowledge and experience here on the forum.

I am from Centurion and pretty old (47) but still enjoy life and what it has to offer.

Welcome to the Hub.

BTW, 47 isn’t old.

FWiW, the 40-50 and 50-60 age groups are the biggest,at an event where I am on the organizing committee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Name is Wade. Been out the riding scene for a long time. Sold my bike because I ran into financial issues.

Now that I am back on track, my son rides every day. (He is 5). We live in a Lekka bike friendly and kid friendly complex. He has been asking me to ride every day with him.

Took the plunge. Yesterday bought a Merida big 9. 500 TFS.

Can’t wait to throw it around some trails.

Cheers all.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've been on the forum since last year, bought my mountain bike from the classifieds.

I'm not new to mountain biking, but I was out of the sport since high school in 2008.

I stay in Durbanville and I'm loving the trails around here.

I'm looking for some people to ride with, so if anyone is open to one more person joining, please DM me.

I'm fairly unfit at present, but I'm fast on the downhill and technical sections.

I'm trying to cycle daily to work on the fitness side.

I love any form of jumps on the trail and I try and push my technical riding as hard as I can.

Hello. I'm a newbie. Found this website through Google. I'm looking to purchase a mountain bike. Came here looking for advise or rather what other people say on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Another noob alert. Looking to get into mountain biking this year. From CPT and looking forward to trail riding.

Remember if going to ride on table mountain need a permit from SANPARKS. 

Enjoy the biking

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I am new here. Started Mountain Biking in January on an Avalanche Reflex Pro up until yesterday when its brake lever gave in. Decided then and there it was time to upgrade... Waiting for my new baby to arrive :-)

On another note, i tried searching but no luck. Anybody know if this shop is legit? https://cyclingclub.co.za/

Hi All

I am new here. Started Mountain Biking in January on an Avalanche Reflex Pro up until yesterday when its brake lever gave in. Decided then and there it was time to upgrade... Waiting for my new baby to arrive :-)

On another note, i tried searching but no luck. Anybody know if this shop is legit? https://cyclingclub.co.za/

Welcome Holiman,

Try posting your online bike shop question in another section. I’m not sure people head over to this thread often. And remember, anything you buy you need to share on “Boast about your latest purchases here..” thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. 

I am a Pro Am cyclist for a Cape Town based team, who turned my love for bicycles to a small side hustle. I offer great advise and even better Bikes, in search of a good quality high end bike, please look no further. 

Whish you all amazing adventures. 

#thatsmee