Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

2 hours ago, ReaperWorX said:

hahaha, no, wasn't in the budget.. Strongly re-evaluating my life choices currently. lol.

Bibs are a MUST and will sort out 99% of you ass hurt.  👍

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

If you are not to far from Alberton and XL size like me, I can give you a bib for free, it will help a lot.

PM me if you interested.

Thank you so much Theo, I really appreciate the offer.

However I'm a scrawny laaitie, I highly doubt a XL would fit, lol.

I see they are not TOO badly priced, will go grab one as soon as funds allow.. Ke January boss!! lol.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:10 PM, swingTOpeddle said:

Hi everyone, new here and pretty much to cycling. Last year my wife started cycling with friend so I started to also join her. I went out and bought a Scott 965 in September done my first race (40 km Silverstar) and two weeks later the 25km 94.7 and last week I done the 60km The Fast One and finished 9th in my category. I’m also doing the PE to Plett next month. Also doing the CTCT next month. 
I’m absolutely addicted to the endorphins and being fit again. I have since bought a Specialized Epic Evo MTB and Specialized Roubaix Comp (impulse purchase). Riding a lot on Zwift which is super comfortable at 5:00 in the mornings before work. 
Since I started cycling I’ve done 3500km and my aim is to do 220km a week now. 

This sport has also given us as a family the opportunity to also do this together. My 7 year old is even doing his first 10km kiddies race next weekend. And my 12 year old has done a 50km and today again a 40km ride with me, albeit it still at a slow pace. 

Hope to see you all out there on the roads. 

Nice. Welcome. Glad you doing it with kidsYou can post on my dad son journey post. About the kids race. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Fairly new to cycling in general here, although I've spent many hours on Wattbike. Recently bought my first road bike after having been off a bike for nearly 20 years. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle and on the road. 

33 minutes ago, JacoD1982 said:

Hi All,

Fairly new to cycling in general here, although I've spent many hours on Wattbike. Recently bought my first road bike after having been off a bike for nearly 20 years. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle and on the road. 

Welcome back & enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I'm Melandri. :) I am quite new to the cycling thing, as I used to be a casual, albeit frequent runner who is currently injured (achilles tendonitis and a twisted ankle from padel). My partner started regularly cycling a couple of years ago and entered the CTCT a few times. Seeing the enjoyment from it piqued my interest and I bought a bike two years ago that was recently stolen and I'm looking to replace it. So, I joined the bike hub to learn more about the sport, meet people and possibly get advice on a new bike. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I’m a man with a passion for bicycles and all things bicycles. I identify as a dude.

I love stage races, like racing to and from pubs at various stages of searching for the perfect beer.

I hate punctures because I don’t carry tubes.

Love brunettes.
Been the captain of the Transvaal bingo team for the past 5 years.

Hobbies :music, watches, beer, sneakers, bicycles and brunettes.

Happy to meet y’all. 

On 3/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, Melxisdead said:

Hello all! I'm Melandri. :) I am quite new to the cycling thing, as I used to be a casual, albeit frequent runner who is currently injured (achilles tendonitis and a twisted ankle from padel). My partner started regularly cycling a couple of years ago and entered the CTCT a few times. Seeing the enjoyment from it piqued my interest and I bought a bike two years ago that was recently stolen and I'm looking to replace it. So, I joined the bike hub to learn more about the sport, meet people and possibly get advice on a new bike. 

Welcome. Enjoy. I learnt alot on the hub over last few years. Ignore the sarcasm and trolls.

7 hours ago, Donnyy said:

Hey everyone, glad to be with all of you here. Had a big break in cycling, and it's time for it again. Thanks for letting me in

Welcome. Enjoy. I learnt alot on the hub over last few years. Ignore the sarcasm and trolls

37 minutes ago, Theunissa said:

Welcome. Enjoy. I learnt alot on the hub over last few years. Ignore the sarcasm and trolls.

Thank you so much! :D  Haha, sarcasm and trolls - as with any great platform.

8 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Hi

I’m a man with a passion for bicycles and all things bicycles. I identify as a dude.

I love stage races, like racing to and from pubs at various stages of searching for the perfect beer.

I hate punctures because I don’t carry tubes.

Love brunettes.
Been the captain of the Transvaal bingo team for the past 5 years.

Hobbies :music, watches, beer, sneakers, bicycles and brunettes.

Happy to meet y’all. 

Miss this from the “old Hub”, complete Fridays wasted, was great!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good day everyone, hope the week treated you well.

I have been a member since Apr 2011, but never introduced myself. I am Eckardt. Stopped cycling in July 2015 because of a lower back injury. Decided to start again last month. Bought a second hand Cannondale Scalpel dual suspension. 

Looking forward to my new adventure.

Have an Awesome day!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody.
I’m Mark, and the mountain biking bug bit me earlier this year. Took the plunge and got myself a nice Norco Fluid dual suspension and I’ve been hitting the trails at Taroko Farm in Modderfontein recently.

Really enjoying it and hope to enter some events in the future and meet some of you!

Edited by Mark_J