Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the "T loves K" picture. :thumbup: Exactly the kind of stuff the crazy Ds would do :D

I complained that they left our other "big love" out, so this was the next one they did. Still not what I wanted, so we'll just have to try again some time on a dark night somewhere in a lonely place.

post-17716-0-53399700-1523507422_thumb.jpg

This was last week in the Karoo, the boys messing around with light sticks. I didn't come out as planned, but was still fun. I suppose it says "the Ds love Landrovers" :D  

I complained that they left our other "big love" out, so this was the next one they did. Still not what I wanted, so we'll just have to try again some time on a dark night somewhere in a lonely place.

Since selling my camera, I've been wanting to attempt light painting with my phone, although I wouldn't even know where to start with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at this last page, I need to get away more often... so much of jealousy (the good kind).

From one of our visits to a coffee shop in Bethulie in 2016.0a506f86ca2c8c75a08dcadf7bd90ee1.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Which lense did you use here and f stop to achieve the nice looking blury backgroud?

Which lense did you use here and f stop to achieve the nice looking blury backgroud?

18-55mm kit lens, and I used f/8.0. There was quite a bit of distance between my foreground and background, although I used to mainly stick to f/5.6 for a blurry background.

ISO was 100, and shutter speed was 1/160 seconds.

Edit: this is the original image in Lightroom before editing:

ae1fa4216b7248ba72660d6f8456fc94.jpg

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

18-55mm kit lens, and I used f/8.0. There was quite a bit of distance between my foreground and background, although I used to mainly stick to f/5.6 for a blurry background.

ISO was 100, and shutter speed was 1/160 seconds.

Edit: this is the original image in Lightroom before editing:

ae1fa4216b7248ba72660d6f8456fc94.jpg

Thanks

That is very impressive for f/8.0

Thanks

That is very impressive for f/8.0

What is also impressive, it is from a normal kit lens.

I tend to prejudge them in terms of quality, but if your settings are correct in-camera and the lighting conditions are great, you can get some awesome captures.

Here is an example from one of my photos:

rw9O3yR.jpg

I use my kit lens very seldom, should start using it more...

Edited by Andrew_Smith