Watchdog withdraws price-fixing bicycle case

NotSoBigBen

Seems like that hammer fell in to the right hands.

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2011/05/ThorMjolnir050911-thumb-330x307-61994.jpg

Ah, ah,

We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,

To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, ah,

We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,

To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

The Zeppelin of Led isn't gonna help us now.

The Zeppelin of Led isn't gonna help us now.

Normally works for most things, dagnammit :(

And isn't that just sad . Put on the stake and found not guilty but the fire was lit anyway .

Ya, now the commission withdrew their charges and bla bla bla , and the cycle shops are sitting with thousands of legal fees that they must dug out from where ever. Oh, our pockets.

Ya, now the commission withdrew their charges and bla bla bla , and the cycle shops are sitting with thousands of legal fees that they must dug out from where ever. Oh, our pockets.

Not Cajees :D

I will still not buy from the two main players.

With you there...loving the flat out denial of there ever being a case.

I think it went something like this:

cc:......referring to article A, the minutes of a meeting between the representatives of the defendants.

bike lawyers:what minutes?

cc:have a look at this.

[looks through article A]

bike lawyers:ah, yes, we're aware of this fictionalised record that surfaced on the internet. It's origin is unknown and it surely can't stand as official evidence.

cc:fair enough, we'll remove it from the evidence - but there was a meeting, correct?

bike lawyers:.............................xxxxxxxx

wonder if we'll ever get the real story? this is of course my opinion, and even though its the internets and stuffs - i made sure i mention no names. they have really really good lawyers.

Blame those who posted leaked minutes that did not exist of a meeting that was supposed to be a secret.

Oh and after a "civil" phone call by the BOSS also started to doubt the minutes.

Edited by eccentric1

If a president can wrangle out of an enquiry into an arms deal why not the cycle industry?

Guys in the construction sector have paid fines on what would seem to be a lot less evidence. I guess the so called minutes must have been falsified.

Blame those who posted leaked minutes that did not exist of a meeting that was supposed to be a secret.

Oh and after a "civil" phone call by the BOSS also started to doubt the minutes.

And what is also very interesting is that some innocent shops have benefited from all these alligations .

What does this mean? Inane drivel.

I guess the so called minutes must have been falsified.

"Guess" and "must have" in the same sentence? "Falsified"? By who? Maybe do a little research on the topic. I posted here some months ago about why this Comp Comm investigation would fail. Ask the hubber who bragged about being a complainant about why it did. Doubt you'll get a response. He never answered me either.

Edited by Tumbleweed
grammar

Why did it fail? I'm mystified. The transcript we all read here seemed pretty damning. If that has not been proven to be false then why no case?

Why did it fail? I'm mystified. The transcript we all read here seemed pretty damning. If that has not been proven to be false then why no case?

The authenticity was never called into question, the accuracy was.

the hubber who bragged about being a complainant

Who would that be, in case I feel inclined to ask, you know ;)

Hi all,

I've been asked to post this here as official confirmation of the withdrawal by the Competition Commission.

For those interested a PDF with the official notice of withdrawal is attached.

Notice_of_withdrawal.pdf

Whatever. Moral of the story: remember to lube up good before shopping at Cyclelab.

I have shopped at Cycle Lab since this whole thing emerged, and needed no lube. I will continue to do business with nearly all of the 27 others hauled to the commission too if necessity or desire drags me that way. As I said earlier, this issue needs more than a cursory read to fully understand what happened.

As a footnote, one person I would never hand over cash to, nor recognise as the ethical crusader he purports to be, is one of the complainants in this case.