Riding up the tokai dh track . Again.

jimmy hardtail

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is probably the dumbest thing I ever heard....then I will rather go cycle somewhere else cause I don't need to pay for one-way signs since you DH people have a attitude due to not being able to cycle up a single track, we don't complain if we cycle down the Jeep Track and all of you are walking up taking over the whole road....they hardly do anything about the trails already...where is the current money going? So rather build your own DH trails as some XC races that is single track requires climbing, and the single track at Tokai is perfect for training going up or going down...normally when there is DH races at Tokai we always give you guys right of way....

Amen, brother! :thumbup:

haha! Let me guess, you are the guy with the big mouth who always finishes last in DH races or that is if you even do competitions....we use the ENTIRE Tokai forest, not just one or two single tracks...and at Die Burger race my girlfriend was doing the 15km....some downhill people came past, one had a Smurf outfit swearing at everyone to stay out his way....What a chop..anyway....I dont see the point aying R50 entry for the signage for you guys as there are like....10-20 of you guys? where there is loads of normal MTBikers who contribute way more....otherwise go build trails there on the side just for your DH training...

Amen again, brother!

Omega, seriously, lets not waste energy and get riled up by this roadie. Maybe his bum cream went sour. Who knows?

You DH guys are so ignorant!!

You mention about how many riders use Tokai on a weekend, +-1200 and then tell other cyclists to go ride somewhere else??

BUT what you dont realize is that out of those 1200 riders, maybe 30 are DH riders!!!!!

Therefore 1170 cyclists (from amateurs to pro`s) use the entire mountain and bring the money to SANparks!

So if YOU want signs because YOUR trails are being stuffed up and YOUR lips on your ramps are degrading then do it with your own money!!

The rest of the 1170 cyclists will just keep on using the trails as is!

So, please keep up your maintenance for all the XC riders.

lol, always comes the dick measuring contest and everyone forgets what the intent of the thread is.

I think the issue here is safety ? And if so then everyone needs to put their swords away and find some common ground before somebody gets seriously hurt.

You mention about how many riders use Tokai on a weekend, +-1200 and then tell other cyclists to go ride somewhere else??

BUT what you dont realize is that out of those 1200 riders, maybe 30 are DH riders!!!!!

Therefore 1170 cyclists (from amateurs to pro`s) use the entire mountain and bring the money to SANparks!

So if YOU want signs because YOUR trails are being stuffed up and YOUR lips on your ramps are degrading then do it with your own money!!

Pot ... kettle ... black ... ?

You seem to be suffering from the same affliction you claim others have. You know what you are doing is wrong from a safety point of view, but you do it anyway..... Would you ride your bike in the middle of the freeway because you can ?

And seriously ... your last comment is just off sides. I'm actually ashamed to share the mountain with you .... *sigh* ...

Edited by JohnnyReggae

Guest Omega Man

Why start your post with an insult? Are we ignorant? Your ! key seems to be stuck. I've never told anyone to go ride somewhere else.

True. About 30 or so are DH riders. To be fair tho there are about 200 downhillers in Cape Town and most utilize Tokai from time to time. I know we all look the same to you. Is it a majority vs minority thing tho? Cos then us whites need to get back to Europe.

But at no point did anyone say only people with Fullfaces and kneepads allowed. The trail is a downhill and therefore traffic should be in a one way direction. Not on the whole mountain just DH1, DH2 and DH3. And not for any selfish reason but for reasons of safety. I personally like nothing more than seeing someone attempting the DH track for the first time. Cos they are having a blast.

As far as using my own money I have. I've offered to pay for a digger to help lay clay on the piece of track that runs next to the jeep track below the berm. I've also sacrificed many hours to help maintain the current trail network including xc trails.

Edited by Omega Man

Pot ... kettle ... black ... ?

You seem to be suffering from the same affliction you claim others have. You know what you are doing is wrong from a safety point of view, but you do it anyway..... Would you ride your bike in the middle of the freeway because you can ?

And seriously ... your last comment is just off sides. I'm actually ashamed to share the mountain with you .... *sigh* ...

It's best to ignore David. He is a troll. I'll bet he doesn't even ride much. Probably has a boring office job and this is how he gets his rocks off.

David, care to come to a trailbuilding session some time? Meet all of the DH riders you clearly hate so much?

Guest Omega Man

@ MTB_roadie. Sorry for the insult. I tried to take it back but it was too late.

Dont want to start another war of words

Ahahahahaaha ha ha ha.

Bwaaaahahahahaha.

Ahe he he he.

Oh.

What you guys must remember is that there are no signs in Tokai with regards to direction.

aahhh, I was wondering whether this was an dh only course... then it should be marked as DH only.

It's best to ignore David. He is a troll. I'll bet he doesn't even ride much. Probably has a boring office job and this is how he gets his rocks off.

David, care to come to a trailbuilding session some time? Meet all of the DH riders you clearly hate so much?

Its the DH riders who start firing the guns with lycra & bum cream comments before us XC riders have even said anything.

I get plenty of practice up and down the single tracks as I stay nearby.

So on Sunday, I got to see the work which was done on Saturday.

Maybe we should just put this to bed. Everyone has had there say, whether right or wrong.

Fighting on the Hub is not going to solve any issues at all, if anything it will create hernias. TMNP has a plan for Tokai, we all know this, and that is to rid the area of the Pine trees to bring the mountain back to its original state. Bear in mind the area is a National Park with their priority area being to ensure that the area is as natural as possible, they don't have to allow MTB in the park but they do. If they see that it can turn into a sour relationship among riders I'm sure they will be happy to either reduce the area, or numbers, which we can ride, or ban riding altogether. But if we should a strong sense of community it bodes well for MTB as a whole, whether DH, XC, Freeride, UNi, etc.

As we know plans are in the pipeline to create a park full of trails to accommodate the vast numbers of riders which frequent the trails. We need to embrace this, we need to contribute, through voluntary maintenance days, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, innovative ideas, etc.

All this mud slinging is not going to help anyone, if some one has an idea, or an opinion, we must acknowledge it, and then as a collective decide if it is the best option.

I seriously think we need to end this discussion once and for all. And remember politeness goes along way, even if someone is being absolutely ridiculous.

thumbup1.gif Just when I thought this thread was downhill only

Guest Omega Man

aahhh, I was wondering whether this was an dh only course... then it should be marked as DH only.

Yes you are right. It should be marked as DH only. According to Deon (Pain or Shine) they are in the process of being printed and will be going in soon. Hopefully the signage will be respected though I have my doubts.

This might well be my perception but the riding up of the Downhill trails seems to be a recent thing (2 years?). The explosion of numbers also probly has quite a lot to do with it. And like Deon keeps saying the area has never been managed before and the explosion in numbers now necessitates the management of the trails and direction in some cases.

Guest Omega Man

I get plenty of practice up and down the single tracks as I stay nearby.

So on Sunday, I got to see the work which was done on Saturday.

Awesome. Did you ride it? The trail really comes to you if you are going fast.