Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

@Sepia. OT for a minute: heard Keef and Mik talking on BBC6 Music this afternoon on Radcliffe and Maconie.

Short but very funny Keef's voice always cracks me up. Maaan...

Probably on iPlayer and worth a listen.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly taken out buy driver today that drove past me then almost immediately turned left and cut me off. I told him that was dangerous and if he was aware that I had right of way. He replied with "I indicated and so had right of way"

Lesson learned. Apparently if you indicate that gives you the right of way :eek:

Edited by Jakkels

Nearly taken out buy driver today that drove past me then almost immediately turned left and cut me off. I told him that was dangerous and if he was aware that I had right of way. He replied with "I indicated and so had right of way"

Lesson learned. Apparently if you indicate that gives you the right of way :eek:

I've had this happen quite a few times already. It really grates me when you can hear the car speed up to overtake you only to suddenly, and sometimes without indicating, turn left and cut you off. Every time this happens I am so tempted to just kick a dent into the car, but I know that won't really help other than making me feel better in some way.

Jakkels .......... obviously he had right of way.... he was indicating for sometime whilst still behind you and it is your responsibility as a road user to know what poephols are thinking and doing behind your back. Completely your fault :P

That has happened to me countless times already.

• 1 month later...

11012033_463475347146422_613773441485604

Nice one for commuting like to see how long will last till taxi take it out :eek:

Funny thing that, I have actually thought of making a similar contraption on a sprung hinge and riding around with it to see what happens!

extra super secret training, bro!

Plus, here it's only 1m

Haha, yes it would be one benefit.

It would actually be interesting to see motorists response to something like this . You could also attach some fake rubber steel spikes to the end for a bit of extra entertainment.

Haha, yes it would be one benefit.

It would actually be interesting to see motorists response to something like this . You could also attach some fake rubber steel spikes to the end for a bit of extra entertainment.

Although I would much rather prefer real steel spikes.

Jakkels .......... obviously he had right of way.... he was indicating for sometime whilst still behind you and it is your responsibility as a road user to know what poephols are thinking and doing behind your back. Completely your fault :P

That has happened to me countless times already.

Same happened to me on Wednesday. Drivers are oblivious and in reality it's up to us to be awake and aware.

Another thing, at a red light, a lady rolled straight through the red and when I "asked" her if she was blind, she said: yes I am. FFS

Same happened to me on Wednesday. Drivers are oblivious and in reality it's up to us to be awake and aware.

Another thing, at a red light, a lady rolled straight through the red and when I "asked" her if she was blind, she said: yes I am. FFS

I just so love not having to deal with the SA motorists and their sence of entitlement anymore.

@Sepia. OT for a minute: heard Keef and Mik talking on BBC6 Music this afternoon on Radcliffe and Maconie.

Short but very funny Keef's voice always cracks me up. Maaan...

Probably on iPlayer and worth a listen.

Shot man, did hear it. I have the book on Keefs quotable quotes and this is really funny indeed. That bloke is not well, at all, but that is how he is.

Not quite commuting related, but I was wondering if it's "safe" for me to ride along the cycle lane from town up through Paarden Island?  Or is there an alternative route to take?  It would be early tomorrow morning.

1st ride since 1 July 2015. Combo of work, illness and 3 courses of Anti-Biotic nightmares...

And I felt it. Had a very bad vomit session next to the road [emoji35]