Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

While you guys are discussing safety

..I had a puncture between pta boys high and the gautrain. .I go that way to add distance. ..guy approached me and was very suspicious. .screamed at him to stop and used my voice and pretended to have something in my back pocket to defend myslef. ..He was startled by my aggression and backed off...called an uber taxi after that. Took 2 min to arrive!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While you guys are discussing safety

..I had a puncture between pta boys high and the gautrain. .I go that way to add distance. ..guy approached me and was very suspicious. .screamed at him to stop and used my voice and pretended to have something in my back pocket to defend myslef. ..He was startled by my aggression and backed off...called an uber taxi after that. Took 2 min to arrive!

Good thinking. Glad it worked out for you! 

Pretoria guys and girls. Be on the lookout for this car. The lady passed me, slammed on the brakes and without a signal turned infront of me, causing me to swerve into traffic.post-686-1440521888,3928.jpg

Fatty and her kids that told me to get a job and a car.

post-686-1440521973,3839.jpg

Going to open a case against her tomorrow, and I would like anyone (if she tries to run you off the road) to report her. When she kills someone there needs to be a file on what they do...

And and afterwards she tried to run me off the road (I was on the broken foot path next to the road) and then tried to block my path off the sidewalk, and almost ram another car that tried to make the turn after she blocked the road.

Pretoria guys and girls. Be on the lookout for this car. The lady passed me, slammed on the brakes and without a signal turned infront of me, causing me to swerve into traffic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440521887.326368.jpg

Fatty and her kids that told me to get a job and a car.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440521969.732584.jpg

Going to open a case against her tomorrow, and I would like anyone (if she tries to run you off the road) to report her. When she kills someone there needs to be a file on what they do...

And and afterwards she tried to run me off the road (I was on the broken foot path next to the road) and then tried to block my path off the sidewalk, and almost ram another car that tried to make the turn after she blocked the road.

What roads did this occur on ? I will keep a look out for her....those kids have uniforms in?

I learnt (once again) what a huge difference timing can make to a commute. Leaving just 15 minutes earlier meant Main Rd Southern suburbs was near deserted because I (suppose) I  missed the schools traffic. Getting to work a little early also allowed for a more relaxed cup of coffee to get the day started in the right direction. :thumbup:

I've learned that commuting with structured targets (including days of just riding for fun) is a deadly form of training. I'll be getting 10 hours a week in just commuting! Easy days, hard days, mixed days, interval days. My commute offers me all of these.

Please follow up if anything develops from the case!

Tried to open a case at Silverton, was told to go to Garsfontein (about 15 km out of my way to lay a charge.

So now I am waiting to hear back from them.  I am not able to go to the Garsfontein station as I have a job that demands that I work till 17H00 and then to go to Garsfontein after work is a huge mission.  From home to Garsfontein wil 10 to one be more like in almost 20 km, where going to Silverton was on my way back to the office from a client and 5 km from my home.

The attached file is the tracks of where she tried to get to me on the side walk.  The Cop told me, he can see the pick, but it means nothing to him...

post-686-0-04483700-1440596842_thumb.jpg

Edited by François Marais

What roads did this occur on ? I will keep a look out for her....those kids have uniforms in?

Took place on Frank Road, between Wilgers Hoerskool and Harte Street.

I guess her spawn goes to that highschool as that was where she decided to turn without any indication.

Tried to open a case at Silverton, was told to go to Garsfontein (about 15 km out of my way to lay a charge.

So now I am waiting to hear back from them.  I am not able to go to the Garsfontein station as I have a job that demands that I work till 17H00 and then to go to Garsfontein after work is a huge mission.  From home to Garsfontein wil 10 to one be more like in almost 20 km, where going to Silverton was on my way back to the office from a client and 5 km from my home.

The attached file is the tracks of where she tried to get to me on the side walk.  The Cop told me, he can see the pick, but it means nothing to him...

Bloody hell she really went out her way to nail you. Somebody needs a hug!

What amazes me is that you have car and reg number photographed. So she will be easy to track down. Next they could match the tread on the side walk to her car. Thats if it is still there. Or simply question her. She is clearly a threat on the road. 

Edited by wrmatthee@gmail.com

Bloody hell she really went out her way to nail you. Somebody needs a hug!

What amazes me is that you have car and reg number photographed. So she will be easy to track down. Next they could match the tread on the side walk to her car. Thats if it is still there. Or simply question her. She is clearly a threat on the road.

The SAPS can't be trusted anymore.

Just do a search of police brutality in South Africa... So I have 0 respect (said with love as I have family in the police force) for them. They (the SAPS personnel) are lazy, and just down right ass holes with to much power and they decide if there is a case or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a safish route to commute from Eastleigh to Auckland Park and Sandton.

Anyone know a decent safe-ish route?

Will be using mtb.

summer is here so i would like to buy good quality (not necessarily expensive) waterproof jacket in case i get caught in the rain on my way to work  :blush:. so what jacket do you guys and girls swear by? 

Edited by Mokgaga

summer is here so i would like to buy good quality (not necessarily expensive) waterproof jacket in case i get caught in the rain on my way to work  :blush:. so what jacket do you guys and girls swear by? 

I've been looking at getting one, but all the name brands are hilariously expensive. A cheap municipal waterproof does the job better than most (available from Builders in yellow, and cheap) but you will SWEAT under it. 

Looking at Hi-Tec's offerings, hoping that they're a bit cheaper than the First Ascent / Cape Storm ones.