Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Next time stuff it with lots of newspapers for the first couple of hours.

Yup, it works a charm.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never think you know what your day will bring! Got this as a little thank you surprise at work. It's going to be a tight fit in the backpack on the way home this afternoon. And it weighs almost as much as the bike. Will have to ditch some clothes and shoes to make space.Here's to not crashing or getting robbed! 

post-17716-0-17262300-1481802972_thumb.jpg

Never think you know what your day will bring! Got this as a little thank you surprise at work. It's going to be a tight fit in the backpack on the way home this afternoon. And it weighs almost as much as the bike. Will have to ditch some clothes and shoes to make space.Here's to not crashing or getting robbed! 

I may have to help you make that a little lot lighter!

I may have to help you make that a little lot lighter!

Joh, riding with that extra 5 litres of beer on my back made me work a lot harder on the way home. It also made me think again about that proverbial extra 5 kg that I'm carrying around all the time!

That must have been a hectic ride...I got the below at work the other day and had to commute with it and that was already tough enough. 

post-63215-0-40194400-1481941596_thumb.jpg

Not many commuters this morning.Thought Hairy would be at Hoogies this morning but passed their small bus this morning on my way to Koeberg.

I commuted in this morning again (2nd morning after my accident, yesterday was the 1st). I am sticking to the MTB for now and the route along the stream, not the roads.

Sooo nice riding there in summer, a bit cold (as in very cold) in winter along that stream.

I commuted in this morning again (2nd morning after my accident, yesterday was the 1st). I am sticking to the MTB for now and the route along the stream, not the roads.

Sooo nice riding there in summer, a bit cold (as in very cold) in winter along that stream.

Glad to hear you didn't let some idiot ruin it for you.

Not many commuters this morning.Thought Hairy would be at Hoogies this morning but passed their small bus this morning on my way to Koeberg.

that oz because i was at conters :P

• 2 weeks later...

Have been on leave for two weeks now.  Was wondering if I should not try another commute but it is getting really cold now in Germany.  Hitting temps of -8 over the past weekend.  Did a afternoon ride yesterday and it was not too bad (about 2 degrees) but when crossing the bigger rivers it was like riding into a freezer.  My commute to work follows a route along a river for about 5 km.  Anyway the snow is comming in today and it seems like we will have a good winter this year and not as warm as last year.  Commuting will be on ice for the next 2-3 months for me now.

I'm (wo)man down with bronchitis, doc says no commuting till Monday :(

Sorry to hear. Recover well.  The worst will be if you still have to go to work and then sitting stuck in traffic while other commuters pass you on their bikes.  Used to be a killer for me.