Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

I was my kit often and the helmet is scrubbed separately. I notice it takes ages to dry, sometimes 3 days and if worn prior to this, it will stink, promise.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I scouted my commute route yesterday. Basically single track the whole way. Stoked. This week will be my first commute!

Be wide awake, be safe :thumbup:

I scouted my commute route yesterday. Basically single track the whole way. Stoked. This week will be my first commute!

How do you get to commute on single track all the way? Only single track I see is the foot paths next to the road (and very little at that), but its still more fun than sharing the road with cars.

How do you get to commute on single track all the way? Only single track I see is the foot paths next to the road (and very little at that), but its still more fun than sharing the road with cars.

I know. It's ridiculous... I couldn't believe my luck! Strictly speaking, it's mostly footpath. But good enough to have seen some fairly good traffic from mtb'ers this weekend.

Expect pedestrians to do the unexpected.While cycling on the cycle lane near Woodstock make a noise to warn pedestrians otherwise they are going to jump into the space left for you to pass.

biker mice are far worse than anything/anyone else on the road. and i don't mean the proper bikers on the super bikes, no i mean the wankers on their "pis kriek" don't wanna be a scooter but can't be a real bike crap. i was on albert road just past the bromwell, with cars parked on the left and moving traffic on the right, and this genius thinks there is enough space for him between me and the traffic. thankfully by some miracle we all squeezed past and i am now seriously considering a helmet or handle bar type mirror, so that i can see these idiots coming up from behind. and i keep wondering when has it become acceptable to pass on the left on a single lane? maybe i should go and renew my license but start from a leaners cause rules sure has changed 14 years

Expect pedestrians to do the unexpected.While cycling on the cycle lane near Woodstock make a noise to warn pedestrians otherwise they are going to jump into the space left for you to pass.

Or they are going to try to moer you in the face and force you infront of cars.

Two weeks of the bike again. Took the bike out last week, not feeling very well, but was sick of the motorbike.

Landed in the Dr's office on Wed with a very bad case of Flu. Almost ended up in hospital.

So another two or three weeks on the motorbike.

This lady decided one afternoon, to push me off the road, while she was talking on her cell phone. She did not observe at all and moved to the left lane.

I did leave a dent in the door to get away from her car.

So be vigialant when out there. We are surrounded by idiots

YTX274GP

post-686-0-46149200-1395642488_thumb.jpg

post-686-0-59216300-1395642953_thumb.png

Edited by François Marais

You guys are beginning to motivate me to get up and commute to work - something I used to do 27 or so years ago when I had no car!

You guys are beginning to motivate me to get up and commute to work - something I used to do 27 or so years ago when I had no car!

Just do it... don't get caught up in preparations (other than lighting), you'll figure out what you need later. Set your alarm early tomorrow :P

At 5:25 this morning with the blackness surrounding me and the only friend being a yellow line and a light to lead the way, my normal alarm started, the one that I use to wake up to take the car, at that moment I grinned, As it chirped merrily away in my back pack, I grinned that I had set the earlier one, I grinned that it was just me and my bike, I grinned that I was there at that exact moment.. I continued pedaling into the darkness