Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Pedestrian on the cyclepath walking with the wind wearing headphones looking down at their mobile phone. You approaching with a beautiful following 35km/h South-Easter pedalling your heart out in the toppest of top gears.

Massive shout "Watchit!!" Pedestrian turns around leaps two feet in the air; you stop just in time, rear wheel fifteen inches off the ground.

Thanking whoever for hydraulic disc brakes you zoom back up to top speed, heart racing, not caring that your legs will be finished too soon. Riding with that wind is phantasmagorical.

A magnificent journey home.....

A couple of Mondays ago if I remember correctly: Fantastico!

This has happened to me too many times!

Another one for the CPT > TV Crew is pedestrians walking side by side on the bridge near sunset beach - nothing more frustrating than having to creep along because they dont see or hear you!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always that 1 spot that you KNOW isn't safe to ride.....

+1

But you ride it anyway

post-43-0-64769900-1400159788_thumb.jpg

Be friendly to your neighbours. They have horns and are faster than my SS bike

Spotted 100m from my house on my commute home yesterday.

I live in a golf/nature reserve estate.

Another one for the CPT > TV Crew is pedestrians walking side by side on the bridge near sunset beach - nothing more frustrating than having to creep along because they dont see or hear you!

get a whistle and fit this to your back pack.....works q treat

Mmmm good idea, i started wearing full finger gloves so i cant whistle with my fingers anymore haha, will have to get a real whistle then!

This morning I learned that I was doing it wrong(driving this morning.)

As demonstrated by a fellow cyclist flashing lights being safe and visible with reflective pants and helmet etc. That the cycle lane that is marked out is to cycle next to it but not in it.

Had an amazing ride in this morning! Decided to leave the car at work yesterday and ride home! Got a beautiful sunset over midrand!

Was nice and toastie the entire ride, prob cos I rode the 30km in 1h10mins! haha OOps!

I learnt after commuting home last night in the pissing rain, that fenders are mandatory - not optional!

I think it was a joke because of Hairy's triple post.

Sometime you have to blow the whistle 3 times for the pedestrians with personal alienating listening devices (earphones) to hear you