zeabre

Thanks. Think I saw one in the toolbox.

And another wheel that does not sit on my rim... [emoji35]

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think you can beat the peak hour traffic by using the cycle lanes in Bree st,think again.

Cycle lanes are blocked by construction trucks,delivery vans, electrical contracters and pedestrians forcing cyclists to swerve into traffic.Be careful out there!!

Ok, so i have now seen way to many injured birds on the side of the road that were knocked by cars. I hate seeing them like that. 

I am no vet so i have no idea what do with the injured bird, and i also cannot take it with me to work. What i do is pick up the bird and put it into a near by bush or somewhere away from the road so that it hopefully wont make its way into the street and get ridden over. 

What do you guys think is best to do with an injured bird?

@bicyclesafetysa: If not taxis to prevent us riding jeep track while commuting they put up advertising boards across the entire path

post-4329-0-61927400-1413439544_thumb.jpg

@bicyclesafetysa: If not taxis to prevent us riding jeep track while commuting they put up advertising boards across the entire path

Bliksems.

I have always wanted to know how legal that is?

Just plain stupid  :cursing:

Ok, so i have now seen way to many injured birds on the side of the road that were knocked by cars. I hate seeing them like that. 

I am no vet so i have no idea what do with the injured bird, and i also cannot take it with me to work. What i do is pick up the bird and put it into a near by bush or somewhere away from the road so that it hopefully wont make its way into the street and get ridden over. 

Ek wonder ook altyd. Mens voel sleg om hulle net so te los.

Best would be to kill it.  Twist its neck.  But I can't do that.  I also move them from the path.  Saw a fellow commuter pick up a bird that was hit by a truck.  He killed the bird, and stuffed it into his backpack.  Guess it would be his lunch later on in the day.

I Learned Today While Crossing Jan Smuts Ave that:

a) Pedestrians Have No Right Of Way.

b) Cyclists have Less Rights Than a).

c) A Cyclist Pushing his bike across the street in the pedestrian lane trying to avoid being road kill      has less than a and b above and will be ridden over at all costs.

Or they dump stuff supposed to go to the dump on the jeep track. And sometimes they even fence it off.

So frustrating!

I Learned Today While Crossing Jan Smuts Ave that:

a) Pedestrians Have No Right Of Way.

b) Cyclists have Less Rights Than a).

c) A Cyclist Pushing his bike across the street in the pedestrian lane trying to avoid being road kill has less than a and b above and will be ridden over at all costs.

That is not limited to there...

Commuting on my usual route to work this morning riding off the road on my mtb minding my own business and looking out for the usual suspects, taxis, I was riding up Main from Lonehill Blv towards Witkoppen when out of nowhere this vehicle with for occupants almost took me out from behind at speed. I got a moer of a SKRIK and I guess with all the adrenaline pumping in my veins I caught up to him and his buddies a kilo or so further up the road just before Witkoppen where they pushed their way back into traffic stuck behind cars at the traffic light. Bloody ongeskik as jy my vra,,,, and I almost lost my life!!!! I got next to him on the drivers side and unfortunately for him his window was open. I shouted at him WTF you drive like a box full of tools and grabbed his keys, switched off his car , removed the keys and threw it onto the busy road on the opposite side of the road. 

I took this photo after I got my bearings again and with great difficulty getting to my phone while he raced away and while I chased him down, tried to enlarge it a bit to see if I can get the nr plate.

post-4329-0-15573400-1413956613_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Just watch out as most South Africans are bastards that will lay and wait tomorrow to kill you when you use that path again.

I see it every day.  Most people in Pretoria have their heads up their asses.  I had a close call this morning when an bitch decided to stop next to the road.  Nothing on her car works.  Not even the brake lights.  Only the motor running and this thing with a phone in her claw.

So good luck guys.  And again I say, South Africa is full of useless bastards!

Hells Bells .... thank you City of CT for the few cycle lanes we have!

You should go down on your hands and knees every time you ride and french kiss those cycle lanes.