REHIDRAT SPORT

X-Man

Used on on the Epic, Giro and the Joberg2C. Not the sport one though.

Works very well for recovery. And it tastes crappy yes....use the vanilla one...not that bad.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used and prefer elektopak, same stuff, bit only get it at chemists. Its like rehydrate on steroids.

I have used the normal rehidrat in conjunction with a standard recovery drink after long, hard, hot stages to supplement electrolytes lost through the day and it seems to have worked.

I wouldn't use it alone or during an event, though.

the normal one is excellent , specially after long training and in multistages i would use it in the day aswell

Not too much though, maybe on in the middle of the day and one after the race

• 1 month later...

I saw packets of Rehidrat Sport at my local Spar. about R56-00 for 6 packets and you mix that with at least 250ml (according to the info on the box). I think it will work if you mix a sachet with your normal stuff for the last 20-25kms of a 70km race?

Geez, now that I think of it I should have had this at the Karoo to Coast :blush:

• 6 months later...

Hey guys.

Is this stuff safe to use during a race or could you over hidrate? I sweat buckets and usually take two 750 ml bottles of game and my 2l camelbak on a marathon. Im thinking of putting in a sachet of this stuff in my camelbak. Is it a good idea?

My partner started cramping at 70km on day 2 of the Sani2C. Stopped immediately, stretched the muscle & gave him a sachet of the sport version. Powder directly in the mouth & downed it with water (from the Clover Truck) :)

Problem immediately solved.

I took 1 sachet every night before bed time.

I took 1 sachet rehydrate 3 days prior to a race and then had a couple through the ride. I sweat quite a lot and did not have any issues with cramping. I mixed it with 500ml water and drank a bottle every couple of hours.

I took 1 sachet every night before bed time.

so did i - except i took mine between showers and supper

Discem is die goedkoopste, in my opinie is daar nie veel verskil tussen die psort en die gewone een nie, dink wel die sport een is duurder

Ek werk taamlik in tropiese dele van die wereld en dis n great aanvuller van my daaglikse dieet,

Ek verkies nie om dit te gebruik as ek race nie maar wel dadelik na die tyd, dan ook n recovery drink en l-glutamine

Dit werk ook uitstekend as mens bietjie af voel en is n moet as jou maag werk op races, vir multistages sal ek se dis net so belangrik soos recovery drinks

Dit maak n huge verskil, indien jy nie van die geur hou nie gooi taamklik min water in jou glas en maak net seker jy kry nogsteeds vloeistof in om te recover na die race

I used the sport every night before going to bed on a recent tour I did and kept a bottle next to my bed in case I woke up. I was like a machine for the trip despite being unfit. I now use 1 sachet of sport or normal (whichever is around) a week. And will keep using it post hard ride.

Honestly, like th sport as it doesnt taste as gross and is actually designed (I would think) for sports people like us and not just for jippo guts.

This product is amazing. i have been useing it for a while now. Its a medical grade product that has been adapted for sport use.

The night before a long ride/event/race I drink one sachet. I can remember when last I cramped.

The Sport does taste much better than the normal.