Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

The proper wording when you want to buy something should be something like this: I will take it(buy it), please forward me your banking details so I can transfer the funds............

:D Unless your 14 - 16. Then DIBS means I GOT IT (if i can remember to get it, or get the buxs from dad, or it's still there after hooking up with that other chick).

:D

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hilarious that this thread has gone on so long - I'd forgotten how much fun you guys have on the hub!

Guys I'm sorry Aebro missed out, but my phone rang with a confirmed sale before I could see his comment or his sms. If on his first PM he had committed to buying the helmet instead of saying he's intrested, it would be his.

And to the guy who said that all business must be conducted on the hub via comments, pm's or threads, get real - there's an option when you place a classified to put in your cell number for a reason.

Over and out, and this thread really should die! And CT guys, I'm moving down there next week so will be bringing my singlespeed to come play on your trails:-)

Well handled Gordon. Well said Gordon. Have fun in CT. :thumbup:

Well handled Gordon. Well said Gordon. Have fun in CT. :thumbup:

Except for the bit about the thread having to die. That's just uncalled for.

Hey, I really believe the hub should be a great place to buy and sell.

I really wish that for a great forum that I enjoy. :thumbup:

We should work towards that.

If you want to engage in all kinds of dealings go sell elsewhere.

Have bought and sold on the hub, no issues.

Missed a few good deals as well, but I just sit in the corner and cry myself to sleep when this happens.

Next time I have dinner at the strip club I'm going to call dibs on the fat chick and if anyone "beats" me to her then they better be having some good credentials and reputations or else it's on like donkey kong.

Strong stomach, i can't deal with that. (also soaks up all the booze, which makes them ALL HOT!)

All this over a used helmut?

Chubba make me an offer for the following:-

13,4 fairly well used underpants - can be used to clean the bike

A tub of Whalefat to be used as chamois cream.

A bundle of mismatched socks, some cycling socks, safari suit socks and old rugby socks that I last used 42 years ago.

A few old cycling pants. The chamois are little marked but still in a good condition.

First good offer takes all. No dibbing!

Ill take it all, expect for the Safari Suit!

SMH!

Saturday Morning Hangover still? Must have been a heck of a weekend... :lol:

snip

Ever sold something on Gumtree? Hundreds of responses, and nobody turns up.

I lost a sale for my MX bike waiting for some **** to come through "first thing Saturday morning". In hs defense he didn't say what date... :angry:

This is hilarious that this thread has gone on so long - I'd forgotten how much fun you guys have on the hub!

Guys I'm sorry Aebro missed out, but my phone rang with a confirmed sale before I could see his comment or his sms. If on his first PM he had committed to buying the helmet instead of saying he's intrested, it would be his.

And to the guy who said that all business must be conducted on the hub via comments, pm's or threads, get real - there's an option when you place a classified to put in your cell number for a reason.

Over and out, and this thread really should die! And CT guys, I'm moving down there next week so will be bringing my singlespeed to come play on your trails:-)

Well handled Gordon :thumbup: Now go smoke a mountain!

Ill take it all, expect for the Safari Suit!

Keep the Safari Suit for riding the single speed when you get around to building one!!

What day is it today? :unsure:

:unsure: But it is almost quarter to beer o'clock according to my watch!!

Edited by Grebel

When the hub was 'reconstructed' the buyer <> seller FEEDBACK SYSTEM was introduced.

This system was brought to life as a result of the democratic demand in many threads for this.

Now that we have it, suddenly everybody forgets about it.

If the feedback and the sale thread is properly used it would be invaluable.

Example:

I have looked at gordonwilson's trader rating. There is nothing there.

He reports that he is a great seller.

Somebody else vouched for him that he is a stand up guy.

So what.

The facts actually say nothing.

Why dont you translate your "vouch" into the feedback system.

I also direct this at you aebro.

If it was properly used I would be able to look at aebro's record and gordonwilson's record and this would probably tell me who is more credible.

At the moment there is a lot of cock swinging and "show me the money" but nothing else.

(B)

Now I have a corollary to test.

Hypothetical test would run:

If dibs is not relevant here: then somebody should pick a few sale threads and go and utter some dibs all over them.

Lets test it and see what the seller response or expectation is.

The result is a disappointed and confused seller.

He would assume that you have expressed interest.

That is not ambiguous. So why is 'dibs' trashed at individual convenience.

Edited by HeartCoppi

<Something something. Something something>

So why is 'dibs' trashed at individual convenience.

Because 'bagsies' is the more acceptable term used in business these days.

:lol:

ok jokes aside, I do hear where you're coming from. If I was selling and someone called 'dibs' I'd almost consider it a complete sale. Almost though...

however if they called 'bagsies' I'd consider it legally binding :lol:

Edited by patches