Urban Assault 2011

Capricorn

How tech will this be? Compared to waht route on Tokai? Is it like the red bull rampage with those big jumps etc? :blink: :unsure:

if you do it, please will you tape your cook's hat to your helmet? And maybe wear an apron as well?

If you can, maybe a helmet cam, then I can use the external footage, and the "cook's-eye view" footage as well...

I have a new idea to troll the jamie oliver forums.

Edited by TNT1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do it, please will you tape your cook's hat to your helmet? And maybe wear an apron as well?

If you can, maybe a helmet cam, then I can use the external footage, and the "cook's-eye view" footage as well...

I have a new idea to troll the jamie oliver forums.

Will Do Tnt1 :thumbup:

Challenge accepted..

Ac1 Vs V10

Tanky & Bikey:

once long time friends, now arch enemies in a grueling battle to the death!

now wheres that trophy...

Guest Omega Man

How tech will this be? Compared to waht route on Tokai? Is it like the red bull rampage with those big jumps etc? :blink: :unsure:

It's not tech at all. 2/3 of the route is fire road. then there's some single track down onto a field. there's a bridge over a school fence which has a small 1 1/2 foot drop on the end of it. there's 2 or 3 short flights of stairs and you are done.

The part that makes it a fun race is the setting, the 2 up racing and the crowds which tend to come out more for the urban than other DH races. Oh and then there's the Red Bull truck with the girlies handing out Red Bulls.

Hey p or s. Still need a partner. How bout i chase you down the hill on my hard tail?

Oh and then there's the Red Bull truck with the girlies handing out Red Bulls.

Jimmy, cool, that is a tentative yes!

OK, RB girlies, that is a definite yes!

Guest Omega Man

OK, RB girlies, that is a definite yes!

Haha. The trick is to take the Red Bull from the girlie in a nonchalant way just after finishing your run without coughing up a lung

Guest Omega Man

Does anyone know what the entry cost is

Should be about R250.

Haha. The trick is to take the Red Bull from the girlie in a nonchalant way just after finishing your run without coughing up a lung

Yes, ha ha, with enough breath to get 5 words out.. "Fanks, what's your name sweetie?" in my best Michael Mol voice complete with suave grin! B)

I'll start practicing that now, forget about actual DH training. It'll be dubbed, "composure intervals".

Edited by Pain or Shine

Yes, ha ha, with enough breath to get 5 words out.. "Fanks, what's your name sweetie?" in my best Michael Mol voice complete with suave grin! B)

I'll start practicing that now, forget about actual DH training. It'll be dubbed, "composure intervals".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but the Red Bull Girls seem to only talk to guys that still have pimples. At least thats why I think they never talk to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Poked my head in to the comp yesterday. Firstly, NO Red Bull Girls at all. Poor from Red Bull if you ask me ;)

Walked the track a bit, it looked good. Not really 'urban', as it ended at the high school, which is just off the Signal Hill trails. It's possibly just too difficult to secure a proper urban route in the city, and unlike Mexico we don't have buildings all the way up our hills.

Trail went through some of the usual spots on the hill including the stump jumps. Saw one fella really wipe out there (ouch!).

Not a bad turnout and there was a great festive vibe.

I missed the prize giving though, so please post the results for Juniors, Seniors, Girls, Speed Trap (although I'm assuming Potgieter won the seniors as he was bliksem fast).

Well done to the organisers. It's really cool to see this kind of effort going in. The sport is small, and events like this hopefully help it to grow a bit.

DUDE! I thought you were gonna run!?

It was a lekker event. Yes, not that tech. Yes, no red bull gals (pity) but a helluva good time was had by all.

Only complaint was that damn pedally section on the field. OH. My. Hat. That was just somma sapping my energy, and everyone else's! Pottie was on form, and fast.

Fastest speed was 62. something, and considering how wishy washy the top section was, that's quite some speed!

I almost cased it at just before the speed trap. Front washed out, and I had one of those "OH FK" moments and managed to correct. But that blasted my confidence for the 2nd run, and only managed a 4m07 or something compared to the 4m13 on the 1st run.

Overall though - it was awesome. Well worth it. We need more of these things in the city!

DUDE! I thought you were gonna run!?

It was a lekker event. Yes, not that tech. Yes, no red bull gals (pity) but a helluva good time was had by all.

Only complaint was that damn pedally section on the field. OH. My. Hat. That was just somma sapping my energy, and everyone else's! Pottie was on form, and fast.

Fastest speed was 62. something, and considering how wishy washy the top section was, that's quite some speed!

I almost cased it at just before the speed trap. Front washed out, and I had one of those "OH FK" moments and managed to correct. But that blasted my confidence for the 2nd run, and only managed a 4m07 or something compared to the 4m13 on the 1st run.

Overall though - it was awesome. Well worth it. We need more of these things in the city!

In the end I decided that I'd rather watch. I ride most of those trails at least 3 times a week and in hindsight it would have been fun, but the idea of having my ass handed to me on my home trails isn't ;) !! haha

Glad it was good for you man. I know that downhill well. Yip, you do not want to wipe on that.

ROFL. Where were you standing? Were you one of the smartasses that told me to "PEDAL!" at the schoolgrounds!?

If you were at the logs though, you would have seen me come clattering down quite slowly (quick for me) in my Billabong hoodie and on cleats.