Show us your pets

tunariaan

On a similar note to what I said above, we had the most amazing experience at the Rand Show last year. Emily was there at the Husky Rescue stand and all of a sudden started pulling to get to this one guy who was approaching the stand. It was almost as if she knew him or felt some kind of link. The immediate bond was so powerful and emotional that it took all of us by surprise, Emily just wanted to hug this guy and he was eventually in tears with the emotion. Unfortunately he left before I could get any details, so I don't know if there could have been some link to her past life.

Here are some pics.

attachicon.gifRand Show 1.jpg

attachicon.gifRand Show 2.jpg

attachicon.gifRand Show 3.jpg

attachicon.gifRand Show 4.jpg

That is unbelievable - gosh she looks so sweet & happy. I love the way he is holding her against him.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome sequence, Mr Jones! :thumbup:

She could have known him, but dogs are also sensitive. Perhaps the dude just needed a hug, and she knew it.

Very true, more sensitive and in tune than we realise.

Very true, more sensitive and in tune than we realise.

They are!

Quick Friday story. Years ago, I wrote my car off on the way to the Hazyview race on a Friday night. It was a tiring weekend after that - organising to get the car dragged out of a culvert, towed into town, finding my campsite - which by the time I arrived had shut the gate - finding somewhere to sleep on the side of the road, waking up in the wee hours, organising a rental from Nelspruit airport, then getting home late on the Saturday...

Tumbles was still little then. He used to share a futon with me back then. I got into bed, and Tumbleweed held my left wrist in his mouth and just looked at me as I dozed off. I woke - gosh, I don't know - maybe 10 hours later, and Tumbles was still there, still holding my wrist and still watching me. He knew I'd had a rough time. And he wanted me to know everything was okay now... :wub:

They are!

Quick Friday story. Years ago, I wrote my car off on the way to the Hazyview race on a Friday night. It was a tiring weekend after that - organising to get the car dragged out of a culvert, towed into town, finding my campsite - which by the time I arrived had shut the gate - finding somewhere to sleep on the side of the road, waking up in the wee hours, organising a rental from Nelspruit airport, then getting home late on the Saturday...

Tumbles was still little then. He used to share a futon with me back then. I got into bed, and Tumbleweed held my left wrist in his mouth and just looked at me as I dozed off. I woke - gosh, I don't know - maybe 10 hours later, and Tumbles was still there, still holding my wrist and still watching me. He knew I'd had a rough time. And he wanted me to know everything was okay now... :wub:

Noooo guys. STOP NOW!!! This is turning into Friday Cryday.

I need to go see my girl - prepare for dog spam later!

Noooo guys. STOP NOW!!! This is turning into Friday Cryday.

I need to go see my girl - prepare for dog spam later!

Best I don't post the "bromance" pic then, hey?! Hahaha!

Looking forward to the spam!

From the AlgoaFM Daron Mann Show facebook page

Who remembers the adorable, arthritic dog that became an Internet sensation in 2013 when photographer Hannah Stonehouse Hudson snapped a photo of Schoep and his human, John Unger, embracing in the waters of Lake Superior? Unger regularly waded in the water with Schoep to relieve the aging pooch's arthritis. Schoep died in 2013 at the age of 20. Unger adopted Schoep when he was just an 8-month-old puppy. The dog had been abused by his former owner, and it took time for the little guy to trust Unger. The two finally developed a bond so strong that Unger credits Schoep with saving him from a deep depression following a bad breakup. Well, this week, Unger has invited a new rescue dog, named Bear, into his home. He posted the news to his Facebook page on Feb. 24, saying, "I am whole again..."
Since its appearing on Tuesday, the Facebook post has generated more than 72,000 likes from a community that rallied around Unger when Schoep died.

11034209_836381223075231_531678529623281
Like ·

· Share · 7

Quick...need a cure for a lump in my throat

Ok one last one, this video was also made last year, some of the dogs featured are still waiting at Husky Rescue for a chance of a forever home. Some tragically passed away with the bee attack last year but many have also found loving homes.