Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He went downhill over the weekend again after having started to eat, but Sat evening seems to have been a turning point of sorts and by yesterday he was back to his old self! :clap: Hopping around when there's food around and looking more lively, despite the rain. Oh wait, he's a Lab... it may have been because of the rain!

Awesome pic, DJR!

Phew!

:clap:

Any suggestions?

Guess youtube or share on Google Drive (if you don't mind Google keeping it to blackmail you)

This guy was in the tree when I got home yesterday! Luckily he was in the veggy garden side so the dogs couldnt get to him but what a friendly soul! For a while he was happy to sit on my shoulders and enjoy some attention. Hopefully he belongs to someone in the area and is not a stray but we put some food, water and a bed out for him last night and this morning he is gone....

post-12678-0-32128600-1399276923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

Saw this story in a local paper this morning, its one of those happy tear producing stories.

I know its not my pet so not sure it belongs here or maybe in the Awesome thread.

I decided to post it in both :D

post-182-0-05997300-1399277145_thumb.png

http://www.ryot.org/...lf-later/667793

EATONTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey family whose terrier-pit bull mix escaped from their backyard during Superstorm Sandy went to an animal shelter this week to adopt a new pet and came home with their old dog.

Chuck James tells The Associated Press that his family searched for the brown-and-white dog named Reckless for months after the October 2012 storm before finally giving up hope.

“We reported him missing and called the shelters periodically, just hoping they had him,” James said Saturday. “We always kept our hopes up, but eventually it’s time to move on.”

James said the family had planned in recent weeks to get a new dog as a 10th birthday surprise for their eldest daughter, Ally.

But when the family of five went to the Monmouth County SPCA on Thursday to adopt a new animal, James and his wife approached the first cage and saw a familiar face inside.

“He was a little bigger than I remembered because they had fed him well,” James joked. “But then he was laying on my wife’s feet, and I knew it was him. … I was in disbelief. I know this dog is meant to be with our family.”

When SPCA officials asked if they could prove the animal was their dog, a friend sent over a picture showing the family with their dog before Sandy hit the Jersey shore.

“We’re all so happy to have him back,” James said. “Thank God for no-kill shelters because every time they kill an animal, it’s somebody’s friend who might be lost. Thank God they didn’t put him down because this would have been a different story.”

SPCA officials say Reckless was picked up as a stray and has now been microchipped.

The family is living in a hotel while their storm-damaged Keansburg home is repaired. This weekend, the Jameses went on a camping trip with Reckless to celebrate the dog’s return.

Read more at http://www.ryot.org/...Hw0vMqoZJH4G.99

Also got sent this pic from a few weeks ago, when I was taking a pic of Spencer. My mate's hubby shot a number of stills of me trying to take a pic of him. He used Goggle's Auto Awesome feature to create a gif animation. Alas, I can't load it here as it's 1.5MB. Every time I try compress the file, it loses layers and the motion effect. (Any techies who know how I can do it?)

post-1604-0-52715000-1399266310_thumb.gif

Love it!!!! :clap:

Cooler box, blonde, camera & already on the floor (less chance of injury) = happy Tumbles!!!

Love it!!!! :clap:

Cooler box, blonde, camera & already on the floor (less chance of injury) = happy Tumbles!!!

I actually dozed off on that floor the night before when I used Spencer as a pillow… :blush:

Much better this morning actually, thanks for asking.. Keeping the bandages off for a while, seems he is wanting to lick less so will see how it goes.

Licking keeps the wounds clean and he's the only one that can touch his feet comfortably but I saw he was getting carried away exposing the bones in his foot, and yesterday even licking through an artery! The sprays on the wall alerted me to find the foot bleeding uncontrollably. This morning seems a bit better, keeping him in sight, hoping the wounds get a chance to dry a bit.

Seabea, Nugget? Sorry to hear..

Shame Deon, how is he doing today? Very traumatic for you guys. Keeping a woof off his paws must be nearly impossible... :blush:

Sending tickles & loves (to him!).

This guy was in the tree when I got home yesterday! Luckily he was in the veggy garden side so the dogs couldnt get to him but what a friendly soul! For a while he was happy to sit on my shoulders and enjoy some attention. Hopefully he belongs to someone in the area and is not a stray but we put some food, water and a bed out for him last night and this morning he is gone....

post-12678-0-32128600-1399276923_thumb.jpg

Wow weird eyes....but super-cute!

Shame Deon, how is he doing today? Very traumatic for you guys. Keeping a woof off his paws must be nearly impossible... :blush:

Sending tickles & loves (to him!).

Hahaha!

Ok, I'll pass them on.. <_<

ED: He seems fine, just in a lot of pain when walking. I work from home so he sleeps right next to me. The long stares I get makes me think he's happy with this arrangement.

Edited by Pain or shine

Hahaha!

Ok, I'll pass them on.. <_<

ED: He seems fine, just in a lot of pain when walking. I work from home so he sleeps right next to me. The long stares I get makes me think he's happy with this arrangement.

Ja, its amazing the conversations you can have without talking.

Dog eyes sometimes say more than any words ever could.

Should your toes start falling off one day, we can re-visit the tickle & love distribution!! :P