Show us your pets

tunariaan

Thanks, Jack.

The vet says she's confident that his age, strength and stubbornness will stand him in good stead to adapt well to life on three legs. 

Yeah sometimes stubbornness has its advantages :D

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tumbles....i am so sorry.

Can i help in any way?

Thanks for the offer, mate. We should be okay. The vet talked me into letting him stay there for a week post-op so he can recover rather than stress at home trying to keep him confined to a small space there.

Edited by Tumbleweed

Just heard: Squamish's leg can't be rescued. It's being amputated now.

Oh no, that's not so lekker, but dogs are incredibly adaptable animals, and soon you won't notice that the leg's missing.

That's terrible Tumbleweed.

I know of an adult basset who was rescued with a broken leg, eventually needed to be amputated. The family called him Oscar. He had no problem adapting. 

I just told my eldest son about it. He was upset, so I reminded him about Tripod. Years ago, at the opening of the Waterval-Boven trails, I noticed him sitting by the pool quietly with a dog. They were both very quiet as I approached. Then I noticed Conor crying. The dog only had three legs, and he felt sorry for it. But the dog managed just fine hobbling around like that. Someone told us his name was Tripod.

Highdy Ho Folks.

First of all....a huge thank you to Letum911 and Tumbleweed for kindly adopting two of my furry children.

I will be leaving in less than a month and i now need to find suitable homes for the last two of my kids.

Both are Boxers.

Tyson is a male boxer that has been neutred and is very good with kids.

Layla is a female boxer that has been spayed and thinks she is a kid.

They are fantastic dogs. Tyson has had quite a bit of training and is actually my wife's running partner.

Here is a photo of them....

post-18409-0-76301600-1440224142_thumb.jpg

post-18409-0-63653400-1440224152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

This is my Django...

he's about 6 months old now, adopted him  when he was about 3 months old, from FORA.

Hes a cross between brown, dog and pure love! :blush:   (Lab X possible chow and something else, not sure)

this is how we first learned of him...

post-6012-0-84548900-1440249146_thumb.jpg

to this at home

post-6012-0-65411700-1440249153_thumb.jpg

to the amazing handsome little maniac he is now ^_^

post-6012-0-62378800-1440250228_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-43527100-1440250239_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-68006400-1440250242_thumb.jpg