Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent really heard of this before, i know of obedience training, Ipo, therapy, working dog training ect

Please specify more, also what breed exactly?

Been a long time since I posted on this thread. Had to share this with you!!

http://www.netwerk24.com/article/nuus/562691d268480b2959a7a347?vc=BQes7oseMRsFNV85N1k02FBFyR%2BhnOAZYf511qjQxYv7Q0G7g57O%2Fak7VPCXpV9BMoptNiCIY49mrjE7we1MNg%3D%3D

Hond vrou se held ná redding

Deur Kaydene Davids Woensdag 21 Oktober 2015 04:00

http://images.redactor.co.za/562691d268480b2959a7a34b.jpg

’n Menseredder! Black, ’n jaar oue rottweiler, is ’n held nadat hy Maria Zwene van ’n amperse waterdood in Bloemfontein gered het. Hier is Zwene langs die swembad waarin sy verlede week amper verdrink het. Sy wys hoe sy aan Black vasgehou het. Foto: Conrad Bornman

Rottweilers haal gewoonlik die media om al die verkeerde redes, maar dié keer is Black, ’n rottweiler van Bloemfontein, om die regte redes in die nuus.

Die jaar oue Black word as ’n held beskou nadat hy ’n huiswerker wat nie kan swem nie, van verdrinking uit ’n swembad in die Rosestad gered het.

Maria Zwene (48), die huiswerker, sê Black is haar held nadat hy haar uit ’n swembad gered het. Zwene het haar huistake in Stefan van Rensburg se huis in Fichardtpark in die stad verrig toe sy skielik langs die swembad duiselig geraak en in die water geval het.

Sy sê nadat sy enkele minute lank in die water gespartel en om hulp geroep het, het Black haar krete gehoor en al blaffend na die swembad gestorm.

Soos ’n wafferse menseredder het hy in die water gespring en haar van ’n amperse waterdood gered deurdat sy aan hom kon vashou terwyl hy kant toe geswem het.

Zwene sê daar is geen twyfel nie dat Black haar lewe gered het.

“Was dit nie vir Black nie, het ek dalk nie nou meer gelewe nie. Hy is ’n held. My held. Ek dank die Here vir dié slim hond.”

Van Rensburg, Black se eienaar, sê hy is baie trots op hom.

Hy sê hy het eers Dinsdag van Black se heldedaad verneem nadat ’n buurman hom daarvan vertel het.

“Ek het dit eers nie geglo nie, maar toe Maria my daarvan vertel, het my bors van trots geswel.”

Volgens hom is dit nie die eerste rottweiler wat hy besit wat lief is vir water nie.

Sy vorige rottweiler, Chip, het gewoonlik saam met hom en sy gesin geswem en ondersoek ingestel sodra iemand te lank onder die water was.

“Chip het sommer in die swembad gespring en sy kop onder die water gedruk om te kyk of ons nog reg is.”

Van Rensburg sê vir hom is dit waar dat ’n hond die mens se beste vriend is

Been a long time since I posted on this thread. Had to share this with you!!

http://www.netwerk24.com/article/nuus/562691d268480b2959a7a347?vc=BQes7oseMRsFNV85N1k02FBFyR%2BhnOAZYf511qjQxYv7Q0G7g57O%2Fak7VPCXpV9BMoptNiCIY49mrjE7we1MNg%3D%3D

Hond vrou se held ná redding

Deur Kaydene Davids Woensdag 21 Oktober 2015 04:00

http://images.redactor.co.za/562691d268480b2959a7a34b.jpg

’n Menseredder! Black, ’n jaar oue rottweiler, is ’n held nadat hy Maria Zwene van ’n amperse waterdood in Bloemfontein gered het. Hier is Zwene langs die swembad waarin sy verlede week amper verdrink het. Sy wys hoe sy aan Black vasgehou het. Foto: Conrad Bornman

Rottweilers haal gewoonlik die media om al die verkeerde redes, maar dié keer is Black, ’n rottweiler van Bloemfontein, om die regte redes in die nuus.

Die jaar oue Black word as ’n held beskou nadat hy ’n huiswerker wat nie kan swem nie, van verdrinking uit ’n swembad in die Rosestad gered het.

Maria Zwene (48), die huiswerker, sê Black is haar held nadat hy haar uit ’n swembad gered het. Zwene het haar huistake in Stefan van Rensburg se huis in Fichardtpark in die stad verrig toe sy skielik langs die swembad duiselig geraak en in die water geval het.

Sy sê nadat sy enkele minute lank in die water gespartel en om hulp geroep het, het Black haar krete gehoor en al blaffend na die swembad gestorm.

Soos ’n wafferse menseredder het hy in die water gespring en haar van ’n amperse waterdood gered deurdat sy aan hom kon vashou terwyl hy kant toe geswem het.

Zwene sê daar is geen twyfel nie dat Black haar lewe gered het.

“Was dit nie vir Black nie, het ek dalk nie nou meer gelewe nie. Hy is ’n held. My held. Ek dank die Here vir dié slim hond.”

Van Rensburg, Black se eienaar, sê hy is baie trots op hom.

Hy sê hy het eers Dinsdag van Black se heldedaad verneem nadat ’n buurman hom daarvan vertel het.

“Ek het dit eers nie geglo nie, maar toe Maria my daarvan vertel, het my bors van trots geswel.”

Volgens hom is dit nie die eerste rottweiler wat hy besit wat lief is vir water nie.

Sy vorige rottweiler, Chip, het gewoonlik saam met hom en sy gesin geswem en ondersoek ingestel sodra iemand te lank onder die water was.

“Chip het sommer in die swembad gespring en sy kop onder die water gedruk om te kyk of ons nog reg is.”

Van Rensburg sê vir hom is dit waar dat ’n hond die mens se beste vriend is

Great story

Wow ????

A dog is part of the family and should be able to mingle with guests, especially if there are kids. A dog that is too aggressive could cause lots of damage with innocent people

Basic obedience training, followed up with more obedience training, even my Italian Greyhounds have benefited with obedience training, our trainer said the big reason for obedience training is training the owners, not so much the dogs, they will follow the leader anyway. 

Attack training would not be a great solution for a family pet, why load a gun and let it free in the garden? Rather have the gun on safety.  :w00t:

Basic obedience training, followed up with more obedience training, even my Italian Greyhounds have benefited with obedience training, our trainer said the big reason for obedience training is training the owners, not so much the dogs, they will follow the leader anyway. 

Attack training would not be a great solution for a family pet, why load a gun and let it free in the garden? Rather have the gun on safety.  :w00t:

You have it 100% right. First you have to install the brakes, then you can install the vooma. Obedience always first, over and over, and then another refresher! Once that is 100%, you can teach it other stuff.

I'm no expert on the guard dog breeds, so cannot comment on the attack training. I work with the gundog breeds, and those have been selectively bred and are trained NOT to be aggressive. Despite that, I have no doubt that my Labs will defend myself and my family with all they are worth. I think that is mostly because we are part of its pack and it considers the house as its territory. What I mean is that if the dog is well integrated with the family, then it will defend that family instinctively.

our cat is going through a rough patch: 3 weeks ago, he came home with the top of his tail bleeding. He must have gotten stuck somewhere. The wound was about 2cm long with a bit of bone exposed so the vet had to amputate the last bit. So he came home with his tail wrapped up, and had to stay indoors for a week.
One week later, she took the bandage off and the wound looked nice. Within the hour after returning from the vet, the cat managed to bite the wound completely open again... back to the vet, new bandage, returned 3 days later, the wound started to infect, yuk!
At first, the vet thought about amputating a bit more but we decided to give it one more chance by giving him a cone and letting the wound dry and heal without a bandage. Fortunalty, this seems to work! After a few days, a big crust had grown on his tail. The vet then took the crust off to clean the wound. Now she wrapped his tail but with a mini-cone on the end. This way, the wound can heal "in open air" without getting too much dirt in it.

so now our beautiful cat looks like this....

http://i60.tinypic.com/21oyfxd.jpg

he's a very active outdoor cat, so keeping him indoors isn't fun. The vet expects this to last a few more weeks :mellow: we don't want to take any risk that he bites his tail open again. Even with his both cones, he managed to pick at the bandages at his tail....

our cat is going through a rough patch: 3 weeks ago, he came home with the top of his tail bleeding. He must have gotten stuck somewhere. The wound was about 2cm long with a bit of bone exposed so the vet had to amputate the last bit. So he came home with his tail wrapped up, and had to stay indoors for a week.

One week later, she took the bandage off and the wound looked nice. Within the hour after returning from the vet, the cat managed to bite the wound completely open again... back to the vet, new bandage, returned 3 days later, the wound started to infect, yuk!

At first, the vet thought about amputating a bit more but we decided to give it one more chance by giving him a cone and letting the wound dry and heal without a bandage. Fortunalty, this seems to work! After a few days, a big crust had grown on his tail. The vet then took the crust off to clean the wound. Now she wrapped his tail but with a mini-cone on the end. This way, the wound can heal "in open air" without getting too much dirt in it.

so now our beautiful cat looks like this....

http://i60.tinypic.com/21oyfxd.jpg

he's a very active outdoor cat, so keeping him indoors isn't fun. The vet expects this to last a few more weeks :mellow: we don't want to take any risk that he bites his tail open again. Even with his both cones, he managed to pick at the bandages at his tail....

Cats will be cats :whistling:

Rolo using her best interpretation of the "Yoda-face" to use the force to convince me to hand over some sushi last night

attachicon.gif20151022_183234.jpg

I cannot imagine Rolo wanting sushi........steak yes, liver yes, beer yes, even a cigar, bit sushi no. Next thing you're going to tell us he eats salad. Just kidding. That face can have anything it wants! Edited by DJR

I cannot imagine Rolo wanting sushi........steak yes, liver yes, beer yes, even a cigar, bit sushi no. Next thing you're going to tell us he eats salad. Just kidding. That face can have anything it wants!

Agree, that's no Japanese dog. (are there any dogs in Japan or were they all eaten?)

I cannot imagine Rolo wanting sushi........steak yes, liver yes, beer yes, even a cigar, bit sushi no. Next thing you're going to tell us he eats salad. Just kidding. That face can have anything it wants!

Agree, that's no Japanese dog. (are there any dogs in Japan or were they all eaten?)

She is a wise girl, she has heard the century old rumors of human food being good. So she will eat just about anything I dish up in my plate! Except for liquorice, that she does not eat...