Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We know the feeling. Boerboels must be the largest lapdogs - they have to be in your personal space the WHOLE time. Our Boerboels have been banned from inside the house. The proverbial bull in a china shop is an understatement. Boela, the one with the hurt shoulder touches 65kg...

Diesel.... living his best life.
attachicon.gif20181122_151057.jpg

He of course thinks he is still a puppy, doesn't realise he is actually a 35kg monster.
attachicon.gif20181122_151233.jpg

And.... new addition to the family, arriving tomorrow, she is yet to be named.
attachicon.gifIMG-20181116-WA0012.jpg

We know the feeling. Boerboels must be the largest lapdogs - they have to be in your personal space the WHOLE time. Our Boerboels have been banned from inside the house. The proverbial bull in a china shop is an understatement. Boela, the one with the hurt shoulder touches 65kg...

Hell, a big boxer gets to 35kg, and that is a HEAVY lapdog - cannot imagine how it must feel with a 65kg animal on you hahaha. But... it's impossible to say no to them :)

All the beautiful people on this thread.

Came here to find it was 2014 last time I visited, good grief.

Feeling a bit low as we should have been getting our new pup this weekend but he's fighting for his life with parvo.

Life is cruel sometimes.

Hug all your furchildren please.

Feeling a bit low as we should have been getting our new pup this weekend but he's fighting for his life with parvo.

Life is cruel sometimes.

Yeah this is one of the awesomest threads on the bikehub.

Holding thumbs for your pup

We are getting a kitten this afternoon.

Bit apprehensive, as I do not know she will fit in with our "pack" of two Pekingese doggies. They are 5 yr old siblings, used to the house belonging to them.

post-87-0-31083500-1542969884_thumb.jpg

Picture taken 3 weeks back when we went to pick her, she was the only one not accounted for yet.

Life is cruel sometimes.

My pup had it in April, and lived to tell the tale. It is beatable - helps the heavier they are, but with the quality of vets today I am sure he will be okay!

We are getting a kitten this afternoon.

Bit apprehensive, as I do not know she will fit in with our "pack" of two Pekingese doggies. They are 5 yr old siblings, used to the house belonging to them.

attachicon.gifKatjiie.jpg

Picture taken 3 weeks back when we went to pick her, she was the only one not accounted for yet.

Aaaaaw

She will rule the house soon enough..no chance of getting a second one..

I love cats.. hubby just has to stop me else I would have as many as I could afford to keep..

I've had numerous cats before, my wife never, this will be her first kitten.. 

Only problem is, cats usually loves me, so I just hope Phoebe will bond with my wife also. 

I've had numerous cats before, my wife never, this will be her first kitten..

Only problem is, cats usually loves me, so I just hope Phoebe will bond with my wife also.

You know what they love those fluffy soft gowns.. let your wife wear hers or have it near her and then she can bond with the kitten like that.[emoji4]

................ love cats.. hubby just has to stop me else I would have as many as I could afford to keep..

I've had numerous cats before............

My wife IS catwoman. No, really, I'm not kidding. They come to her and follow her as if by magic. Once she even made friends with a stray in Las Vegas of all places. It followed her from the strip to our hotel room and lived with us for 5 days. My kids say she better hope I don't die before her, or she will immediately become cat lady (sad, cat surrounded widow) in stead of cat woman. :) (I'm a dog person)

My pup had it in April, and lived to tell the tale. It is beatable - helps the heavier they are, but with the quality of vets today I am sure he will be okay!

How old was your pup?

It’s completely out of my hands... which I’m not good at.

The litter was exactly 6 weeks last Sunday when the first one got sick. Two have died, in the last two days. One was a boy we nearly chose. The breeder is doing everything possible too. Three have been OK to this point so crossing fingers there.

But our boy is one of the sick ones.

Unfortunately I have had first-hand experience of this - our oldest dog came within a whisker of dying while at home on a drip. But she was 5 months. These chaps are so small still.

I’m sure everyone here has, but please do the inoculation thing!

And hug them, again ????

How old was your pup?

It’s completely out of my hands... which I’m not good at.

The litter was exactly 6 weeks last Sunday when the first one got sick. Two have died, in the last two days. One was a boy we nearly chose. The breeder is doing everything possible too. Three have been OK to this point so crossing fingers there.

But our boy is one of the sick ones.

Unfortunately I have had first-hand experience of this - our oldest dog came within a whisker of dying while at home on a drip. But she was 5 months. These chaps are so small still.

I’m sure everyone here has, but please do the inoculation thing!

And hug them, again ????

Mine was 4 and a bit months old at the time and weighed around 20kg. Spent a week at the vet and came out around 16kg - just skin amd bones, but pulled through.

We were actually supossed to get a new pup today but have decided to have it stay at people's house we are buying from until 2 weeks after the 3rd innoculation (so 3.5 months old). It's not lekker waiting, but I want to do everything in my power to prevent this one from also getting parvo - it was horrible with the first one, and with this one being so you still (currently 2 months), and not fully protected we don't want to take chances.

Unfortunatelt the younger and smaller they are the worse their chances are of pulling through - but I'll be holding thumbs for you, hopefully the little guy makes it! Good news is they are then protected for life.

Just an aside, the dog will still be pooing out infected feaces for 10 days or so after they come home, and Parvo is a hardy virus - so your garden will be a no go for new pups for 6 months after this. We bleached everything after the parvo incident (incl garden), which is not always possible but was in our case because our back garden was stuffed because of the drought/small puppy anyway.

And also keep the new pup away from public spaces for a while to prevent spreading parvo to other dogs...

Edited by Grease_Monkey