Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed, beginning to make plans to get him home...

His sister died Friday night and he was nearly euthanased on Saturday morning... that is three of four sick puppies in three days.

BUT he started getting a bit stronger. Not eating on his own yet, but he is eating! All on his own, cannot be in contact with the remaining siblings. So we will see how to bring him home with as little stress as possible.

I can say this here, because... the bicycle saved my sanity this weekend.

attachicon.gif6BDDB4C7-0D8C-4315-86E6-A32B51A09C1F.jpeg

Awhhhh, he is too beautiful, hope he pulls through.

Fingers crossed, beginning to make plans to get him home...

His sister died Friday night and he was nearly euthanased on Saturday morning... that is three of four sick puppies in three days.

BUT he started getting a bit stronger. Not eating on his own yet, but he is eating! All on his own, cannot be in contact with the remaining siblings. So we will see how to bring him home with as little stress as possible.

I can say this here, because... the bicycle saved my sanity this weekend.

attachicon.gif6BDDB4C7-0D8C-4315-86E6-A32B51A09C1F.jpeg

what happened Gogo ?

After just over 8 years since I got him as a kitten, we had Tiggy chipped today. The little bugger's been missing on and off for the past few weeks. Turned out he was chilling at one of our neighbours houses, and we only found out he was there after I posted a pic of him on our local crime WhatsApp group. It's handy that there's a microchip tag stating that he has been chipped. Unfortunately, our daughter gets a little too exited at times when she sees him, and that sort of chases him away. He's not been around toddlers for most of his life, but we've sort of come up with a plan to get him used to our daughter.

f3d1c9a1678c9737b40f686cb5094fdb.jpg631321e2d5d9267441997d139c1c0699.jpg

They can normally be enticed back with a bit of special food if they tend to do that. They may still go walkabout for some peace and quiet, but at least they'll be back when they get hungry. Bit of canned tuna or bacon usually works like a charm and will lure them back a whole lot better than dry pellets. Sometimes neighbours feed them scraps which are much nicer than what they get at home....and they start hanging out there. Bribery, in case you didn't get it, works!  

After just over 8 years since I got him as a kitten, we had Tiggy chipped today. The little bugger's been missing on and off for the past few weeks. Turned out he was chilling at one of our neighbours houses, and we only found out he was there after I posted a pic of him on our local crime WhatsApp group. It's handy that there's a microchip tag stating that he has been chipped. Unfortunately, our daughter gets a little too exited at times when she sees him, and that sort of chases him away. He's not been around toddlers for most of his life, but we've sort of come up with a plan to get him used to our daughter.

They can normally be enticed back with a bit of special food if they tend to do that. They may still go walkabout for some peace and quiet, but at least they'll be back when they get hungry. Bit of canned tuna or bacon usually works like a charm and will lure them back a whole lot better than dry pellets. Sometimes neighbours feed them scraps which are much nicer than what they get at home....and they start hanging out there. Bribery, in case you didn't get it, works!  

Yeh, well I started him on wet food when he was a kitten (Bob Martin sachets for kittens), and then I added Whiskas pellets to his diet, but since then, his favourite cat food has been the wet food. Took him off Whiskas when the vet recommended Hills, although the Hills got a bit expensive after a while, so I found a slightly cheaper alternative that he really liked (Purina One, which we can't find anymore), so we then started him with something else that cost close to the Purina, but in chicken flavour as he loves chicken. He's been okay with that food. He does get little treats from us from time to time, in the form of pieces of chicken when we have chicken for dinner, or pieces of pork and on the odd occasion, biltong. He still gets his sachet of wet food from time to time in the form of a Friskies sachet. Got a bag of Hills for him yesterday while I was at the vet, and he munched that bowl of Hills quicker than he would the other food we have him on, so I think we'll stick to Hills, and possibly try him with canned Tuna or bacon.

Yeh, well I started him on wet food when he was a kitten (Bob Martin sachets for kittens), and then I added Whiskas pellets to his diet, but since then, his favourite cat food has been the wet food. Took him off Whiskas when the vet recommended Hills, although the Hills got a bit expensive after a while, so I found a slightly cheaper alternative that he really liked (Purina One, which we can't find anymore), so we then started him with something else that cost close to the Purina, but in chicken flavour as he loves chicken. He's been okay with that food. He does get little treats from us from time to time, in the form of pieces of chicken when we have chicken for dinner, or pieces of pork and on the odd occasion, biltong. He still gets his sachet of wet food from time to time in the form of a Friskies sachet. Got a bag of Hills for him yesterday while I was at the vet, and he munched that bowl of Hills quicker than he would the other food we have him on, so I think we'll stick to Hills, and possibly try him with canned Tuna or bacon.

Maybe besides thr point....

Has he been neutered?

We neutered our male cat, and he now stays at home....

We also have large dogs whom he is scared of, so he doesn't venture out...

Maybe besides thr point....

Has he been neutered?

We neutered our male cat, and he now stays at home....

We also have large dogs whom he is scared of, so he doesn't venture out...

Yip, had him neutered when he was 8 months old. I think he's just a rebel.

To add, we don't mind if he ventures out, but it's when he doesn't come home is when we worry.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Yip, had him neutered when he was 8 months old. I think he's just a rebel.

To add, we don't mind if he ventures out, but it's when he doesn't come home is when we worry.

Cats wonder Neutered or not..it is their thing.

We have one that wonders..but never far.... the 2 females wonder less than the 2 males but they never go far..next door neighbour and across the road.

All our cats have been fixed

BUT they very seldom miss meals..I also give them a combo of wet and dry pellets..one sachet between the 4 and then cover it in dry pellets.. when they hear the cup go into the pellet container they come from all over you just hear bells fast approaching.

Most mornings I wakeup because Bat is tapping my eyes to wake up and the other 3 on the bed staring at me ready for breakfast.

They are creatures of habit so if you feed them at a certain times of the day they most likely will be home for meal times...those internal clocks work well.

Cats wonder Neutered or not..it is their thing.

We have one that wonders..but never far.... the 2 females wonder less than the 2 males but they never go far..next door neighbour and across the road.

All our cats have been fixed

BUT they very seldom miss meals..I also give them a combo of wet and dry pellets..one sachet between the 4 and then cover it in dry pellets.. when they hear the cup go into the pellet container they come from all over you just hear bells fast approaching.

Most mornings I wakeup because Bat is tapping my eyes to wake up and the other 3 on the bed staring at me ready for breakfast.

They are creatures of habit so if you feed them at a certain times of the day they most likely will be home for meal times...those internal clocks work well.

That's the thing, I'm at work from Monday to Saturday so I'm not at home to feed him at certain times of the day. In regards to cat food, he gets his bowl of pellets at night, and on occasion, a sachet of wet food in a separate bowl, and then we fill his bowl with more pellets each morning. My wife works for the same company, although she works part time. When she's at home with our daughter, apparently Mr. Tigs is outside for the most of the day, and then usually comes back for food or just to chill on the couch or on the bed, or in our daughters cot.

It's for the past few weeks that he hasn't been coming home on a regular basis, in the 8 years I've had him, and something tells me that could be because our one neighbour has possibly been feeding him Woolies food, or it could be because he's not used to a toddler who gets over excited at times when she sees him. Just the other day our daughter got excited when she saw him, and as Tigs saw her approaching him, he went under our bed. So it could also be that he's at an age where he wants peace and quiet.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80