2hours of my day GONE!

numbers will be available on race day from 05:00 to 05:30

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope,

As I said I started in BL last year and finished in the front of the bunch.

Only 540 in the results for last year.

I did ask for reseeding , will see what happened.

That is a good idea, who the lady that sent out the e-mail, or the race office?

DL

What is your number, I am in DL to.

Coming up from Bloem to do the Race, one of my favorate races that I remember from the days it was a bit longer 116km. We got a wooden cellphone as a medal once.

That is a good idea, who the lady that sent out the e-mail, or the race office?

yca@webmail.co.za, her name is Jill, will see if anything comes of it though as I wanted to go for good time and if looking at the C group from last year that means Time trialing for 100 km which will not give the best of times.

2:38

If a D2D in 2.38 put you in DL at RfV, then there is a big screw up with the groups. I took 20 mins longer at D2D and have been put in BL at RfV. Oh well, just have to step up the pace, or else put up with faster riders flying past the whole morning.

Edited by Falco

What is your number, I am in DL to.

Coming up from Bloem to do the Race, one of my favorate races that I remember from the days it was a bit longer 116km. We got a wooden cellphone as a medal once.

Maybe we should stay in DL and do a TTT? Seems that we are bound to find people in DL, with similar ability.

Note to self, it is the first time I am doing this race, maybe DL is actually a good idea?????

Maybe we should stay in DL and do a TTT? Seems that we are bound to find people in DL, with similar ability.

Note to self, it is the first time I am doing this race, maybe DL is actually a good idea?????

*makes mental note to draft stick with these guys all the way (if possible)*

If a D2D in 2.38 put you in DL at RfV, then there is a big screw up with the groups. I took 20 mins longer at D2D and have been put in BL at RfV. Oh well, just have to step up the pace, or else put up with faster riders flying past the whole morning.

I did a similar time at D2D (2h37) and have been put in BL.. yet my buddy who rode a 3h18 at D2D is in AL? Cant wrap my head around this seeding thing i tell you. Almost looks like it was a first come first serve allocation of numbers...

I did a similar time at D2D (2h37) and have been put in BL.. yet my buddy who rode a 3h18 at D2D is in AL? Cant wrap my head around this seeding thing i tell you. Almost looks like it was a first come first serve allocation of numbers...

What are all of your guys' seeding on the Cylcelab index? Maybe they're basing seeding on that?

I entered a month ago, so first come, first serve seems not right.

I was seeded BL for D2D, based on CLab index I would guess?

None of this makes sense. Seems that they are doing their own thing.

The good thing is that I will have people of my ability in DL, so looking fwd to the race!!

Nope,

As I said I started in BL last year and finished in the front of the bunch.

Only 540 in the results for last year.

I did ask for reseeding , will see what happened.

There are many other races that count towards a seeding, so if other people are ahead of you it's because they've done better time in those races.

Cycle Events are also not doing the race seeding, so that could explain the change in seeding

I went to register today and what a stuff up. No prizes for guessing that Entelect have stuffed up again. They could not match up tandem partners (what's the use of registering as a tandem, then?), so we had to do it manually at registration.

This is exactly the same problem as last year, so it looks like Entelect has perfected the flat learning curve. You'd reckon they could have sorted that out in a year...

What are all of your guys' seeding on the Cylcelab index? Maybe they're basing seeding on that?

Im still not on the cycle lab index yet. I started D2D in grp G. that along with the jock (112km) were the only recent events I've done timed by racetec. Heck I'm not complaining - B is sure better than any other seeding I've had this season!

unless they're counting carousel ,sun city etc...? who knows.... still makes no sense as I've done better times in those as well than my training bud they put in A.

but as I've found with all the races so far - there are strong riders in all the seeding batches - so I'm just gonna enjoy the event! (and save some legs for that last stretch home!)

There are many other races that count towards a seeding, so if other people are ahead of you it's because they've done better time in those races.

Cycle Events are also not doing the race seeding, so that could explain the change in seeding

One of the typical Hub answers, thinking that the other person is an idiot.

You do not know my times so please do not come with smart remarks the whole time.

Spoke to the person that was responsible for seeding, they only seeded you if you had three races on racetec in the past six months.

They did not look at other timing companies or looked at other results, therefore the people outside Gautend that does not do Racetec results were not seeded.

They did not look at previous performances in this race either.