Race for Victory

dracs

punctured with 2km to go :thumbdown: stopped 3 times and eventually rode to the finish on a flat wheel, not nice seeing 40 riders catch and pass you at that point.

The reserve was killer!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had nice race, Wind not quite as strong as last year but blew nevertheless.

Reminder to myself - Put a 25 on the back if attempting this race agin next year.

Ha, was too lazy to put my 25 on. Must say the last kilo was tough on the 23!!

Great race.

Well organised, S-bos was a killer as usual, I cramped like crazy at the top for some reason and limped back for the last 30k's, but still had a good race.

Will be back for more next year.

Well this was my 1st race since I started cycling again... KILLED me! Last year I did it on the tandem with a mate from high school who had never ridden a bike before and I have to say this year was harder... More wind!

Definately a race of two halfs. First 50km easy send 50km not so!

Wish I could say the same. Was in D, so the first have was a 5 man TTT - lots of wheelsuckers from the C and B bunches, but we organised a few gutters!! Then basically alone on Suikerbos. Luckily I (with one other from D) caught a nice bunch at the exit and remained with them till the end!!

Edited by Underachiever

Wish I could say the same. Was in D, so the first have was a 5 man TTT - lots of wheelsuckers from the C and B bunches, but we organised a few gutters!! Then basically alone on Suikerbos. Luckily I (with one other from D) caught a nice bunch at the exit and remained with them till the end!!

Kit and bike?

That was a great race! Really enjoyed it.

Loved the dirt sections!

It was quite tough though. I got into a break just after the dirt section which stayed away for quite a distance. Got dropped in a cross wind and then found a new group at top of SBR who I rode with until the end.

Kit and bike?

Black Giant TCR (2004 version) with Eurus wheelset. Blue shorts and arm warmers, Orange/Green/White top, white spez shoes.

Good race

Got stuck at the back of AL on the dirt section thus huge gap formed. Slowly but sure got back to the bunch as they left turn for uphill just to loose the bunch again.

Lost a water bottle on those bumps

Got a group going of approx 14 riders - I asked to work together , which we did for a good stint. Some okes got tired and the rhythm struggled to SBos where we broke into pieces and the Elite ladies came past.

I stayed with elite ladies till top of SBos where I needed water.

(There was more wind on the climb than last year - Especially the last km to the top)

On the downhill went through a bump and a spoke broke. (With a super wobble on the buck wheel) did approx 15km TT when some of the other ladies and a smallish group came past. I could hang on tho this group till the we hit the dirt section where my poor wheel got an even worse wobble.

"wobbled" slowely home . . .

Good fun - no real incidents / crashes / Did not see anybody litter / not alot of traffic - Thanks

Yip, that 5 man TTT was fun until we split up...

Edited by DisNetEk

sEEDING WAS A BIT SUSPECT I WAS SEEDED IN VA GROUP AT THE AGE OF 52?PRIZE MONEY NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT AS THE PRO RIDERS EARNED LESS THAN THE "FUN RIDERS".WINNER OF AL GROUP RECEIVED A LOT MORE THAN THE 10 TH PLACED PRO.ARE FUN RIDERS ALLOWED TO RECEIVE MONIES?

Avanti Carbonio (Black/Blue/White) with Velo club shirt and black shorts...

Ahh, thanks for a great ride, Can't remember when/where we lost you, but we worked well together!!