Race for Victory

dracs

Heck I'm not complaining - B is sure better than any other seeding I've had this season!

That makes two of us.

Very happy with my B spot, should be lots of drafting opportunities available if the speedsters from the lower groups catch up.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all doing the race on Sunday. Watch out on the R82 past the Aloeridge Turn off and a little after the entrance to Hatzenbergfontein and Thyme Square Nursery - "NEW" rumble strips have been laid, so prepare for some bone jarring. For those who don't know the area too well its on the approach to Walkerville

Edited by Buffwhack

101km entry for sale. Husband's off the bike for a few weeks due to injury.

Will charge R50 less than what we paid so you can get substitution done on Sat.

Lekker race! Luckily we had the traditional wind to welcome us (not). The road has been fixed in a lot of places (one or two ongoing roadworks). Great marshalling and good organisation.

The rumblestrips were not too bad, but thanks for the heads up on that one.

This combination is making this a "must do" race...

All they need to do now is get rid of Entelect (they stuffed up registration royally).

Edited by jmaccelari

The seeding, as we expected, was a joke. I started in D, and right in front of me in C, was a beginner couple on MTB's. Passed them after a few minutes.

A great race ;)

Love the sand road, makes it unique ;)

I must remember that the hill in the middle is a friggin pain monster. I allways under estimate it.

Will do it again next year 4 sure.

Yeah! The "Roubaix" section adds character. As for the Suikerbosrand, the race would be nothing without it. IMHO too many organisers are trying to get numbers up by making the routes flat and fast. R4V mixes these up quite successfully, I think...

I enjoyed it, my only gripe is that they handle the online entries themselves, every so often I check on the Cyclelab online entries so obviously I never heard about this race. By chance someone mentioned it this week and I managed to get a late entry. R230.00 and no T-shirt or goodie bag. I wonder how much business they lose by not having it on the normal online entry system.

Wind was a bugger, it was a headwind up the two steepest climbs, at times I thought I was going backwards.

The parking, the start, the route, finish and the marshals were great.

Pity I only realized 30 seconds from the start I forgot my sunglasses in the car :thumbdown:

I was worried about the sand, but I made it over with no problems.

Thanks for the heads up on the rumble strips, they looked pretty bumpy, but fortunately I was on my own and managed to avoid them.

Overall, a pretty good race. I'll definitely do it again next year.

And I never thought that I would ride my bike on a dirt road, generally at the parking of a race if I see terrain like that I carry my bike over it :lol: :lol:

And I never thought that I would ride my bike on a dirt road, generally at the parking of a race if I see terrain like that I carry my bike over it :lol: :lol:

I'm glad someone realised the irony!

Racetec results are up!!! See that some DL riders rode in faster groups

Normally the timing company picks it up and DQ's them