Durbanville High School Funride and MTB 2011

Tiny K

Tx Az. the roads are open though right? i mean there will be public traffic on the road?

Correct, no road closure. But you are not allowed to follow a certain group / cyclist. Better to leapfrog ahead, wait for the group to come by, do your snap snap thing, and then leapfrog ahead again.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What stunning day for a cycle race!!!

Hope it went well for everyone, with no mishaps or trouble.

A bit (ok, actually a lot) disappointed with my time. My front hub started seizing up, and created a lot of extra resistance. cursing.gif Managed to stick with the front part of my group up to the left turn at the Paardekraal Prison, when my front hub seized good and proper. Had to release the QR completely, with just enough clamping force to hold the wheel in the fork. Struggled on, with group after group coming past and me unable to latch on. HR was in the 180 bpm region for most of the way back.

Ended up with an avg HR of 172, max 189 bpm. Strange thing was that I still felt good / strong, even with the high HR.

Can feel my legs now, though.

What stunning day for a cycle race!!!

Hope it went well for everyone, with no mishaps or trouble.

A bit (ok, actually a lot) disappointed with my time. My front hub started seizing up, and created a lot of extra resistance. cursing.gif Managed to stick with the front part of my group up to the left turn at the Paardekraal Prison, when my front hub seized good and proper. Had to release the QR completely, with just enough clamping force to hold the wheel in the fork. Struggled on, with group after group coming past and me unable to latch on. HR was in the 180 bpm region for most of the way back.

Ended up with an avg HR of 172, max 189 bpm. Strange thing was that I still felt good / strong, even with the high HR.

Can feel my legs now, though.

Watter hubs het jy Wannabe, Mavic?

Jammer ek kon nie kon hallo se nie, was by n Biokineticist ... goeie nuus gekry ... ek post in die dislocated thread ;)

Well done, D Ville High School.

They really organise it so well.

Powerade, Chomps and bananas at the finishing mat, with cheers and songs.

Cheerleading with incessant energy.

Wonderful.

What?......... I didn't see them, damn missed filling up with sugar

yeah me too & I still had to cycle home as well so I really needed it.

Great organisation, D'ville High! My first time at the race and the atmosphere is fantastic thumbup1.gif

And the downhill on the MTB race was terrifying... I now know my brakes work effectively! :)

Wonderful.

u forgot bout the guava bompies clap.gif

Watter hubs het jy Wannabe, Mavic?

Jammer ek kon nie kon hallo se nie, was by n Biokineticist ... goeie nuus gekry ... ek post in die dislocated thread http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

Nee, Fulcrum wiele. Seker maar generiese Hubs.

Gesien jou update. Fantastiese nuus. Na sulke nuus vergewe ek jou dat jy nie hallo se het nie. http://1.1.1.3/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

yeah me too & I still had to cycle home as well so I really needed it.

Same here, or did Punchy chow them all before we got there.http://1.1.1.3/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

Went straight past the finish line and missed all that gear. I was more focused on getting in early on the free massages from the Stelli's physio students.

Loved the Toga watering point tho, great touch!

Wonderful.

+1 Definitely the most enthusiastic cheerleaders I have seen at a local cycle race thumbup1.gif

So nice to just get out of bed, get on your cycle and be 2 minutes away from the starting blocks.

Wonderful.

Where? Where? All I got was a 'bompie and a coke'. Awesome organisIng, genoeg parking. Yooh, there was this guy that sucked my wheel till we got past Fisantekraal and then as we just hit a little rise he passes me and buggers off. Caught him much later with 20 to go and he sucked again for 2kms till I burned him off. Vat soo!

Edited by MCipollini

Caught him much later with 20 to go and he sucked again for 2kms till I burned him off. Vat soo!

Which bunch you rolled in, Cippo'?