Durbanville High School Funride and MTB 2011

Tiny K

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to meet you tubehunter.

My favourite race in Spring. Well done D'ville!!

And you Denny M! So should've started with you chaps! At least I'll be able to keep a better eye out for the summer races!

sneaky bastard attacked us with 500m to go with his domestique, nobody in bunch wanted to chase until it was too late.

That's what Sagan would do on that lil rise before the finish...

Awesome!

were u on the 2nd bunch the rest of the way? i thort we did well considering we missed the bus...

Yes and yes, I agree thumbup1.gif

Hey Berry, I was in L-first race in 2 years. What were you wearing? I was on the red Spez Tarmacwink.png

Probably me and the other-half on the tandem.

did my first serious (if u can call it that) ride for the year. the legs started to feel it in the last 5 k's.

I got 89.6km with a 2096 wheel setting on my polar.

Hi Guys,

I must say I was very impressed by the organizing of the race... Having said that my speedo clocked the distance at around 88km? anyone else experience this?

did my first serious (if u can call it that) ride for the year. the legs started to feel it in the last 5 k's.

Well, those rollers will test anyone's legs, ccc2.

thumbup1.gif

Was a great race well organised and super weather. MC full of jokes at lucky draws.

Loved the support along the routes great cheerleading.

My wife as a spectator would like to say thank you that the schools bathrooms could be used by the ladies only! Thank you.

Will be back for sure for next year’s race.

For future reference, the race distance is NEVER what they advertise..... it's always short of the full spec.

The MTB race was advertised as 40km, my GPS recording only has 29.89km. I know they normally round up but that's a lot of rounding.

Original said 40km, then 30km and the last few days when I emailed them they said 35km...