Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Up that Hill Boys and Girls

Leave the Twaks behind.

I built a carport at home for cash that I saved from smoking.

Keep it tidy out there

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up that Hill Boys and Girls

Leave the Twaks behind.

I built a carport at home for cash that I saved from smoking.

Keep it tidy out there

More beers with the extra cash...Twakless for 2 years.

I quit smoking thanks to this thread last smoke 29 November 2013. I read Easy Way by Allen Carr and used Champix and never looked back. The book is is a great help. Best of luck to all you quitters!!

i stopped. I am now 1 year free of cigarettes. 

I just said one day, enough was enough. and stopped. 

If i can and so many others can stop, then put your mind to it, and just do it. 

25th of August 1997 08:15 am-ish 

I lit up and thought that it tastes rubbish, and I'm over it. 2 weeks of suffering and it was all over.

• 2 weeks later...

How are the quitters? Been off the smokes for more than a month now. If fact since 3 July. Boy last 10 days I have really wanted just the one! Anybody else find this after a month? Is this the feeling that persists?

How are the quitters? Been off the smokes for more than a month now. If fact since 3 July. Boy last 10 days I have really wanted just the one! Anybody else find this after a month? Is this the feeling that persists?

Well done! Yea with me it does. Every now and then it is super bad. But then I just think how much I have put in to this and how poef it would be to go through it again. Think I have been off of the smokes for 3 months and I still get it.

3 months was the hardest for me. Then it really becomes a mental game.

Make the call. Enough is enough.

If you've made the call to quit, stop. Now. For you. It'll kill you if you don't. Or it'll kill you if you carry on.

Whatever

Started again (well, quit again!)....day 8 of no fags after smoking for about 18 months again...
Helps when you get bronchitis and have to take time of work to try and recover!

Cold chicken method....

Edited by Mojoman

Started again (well, quit again!)....day 8 of no fags after smoking for about 18 months again...

Helps when you get bronchitis and have to take time of work to try and recover!

Cold chicken method....

Hold on bro! We all fighting it daily

can have the cravings.

Just hang in there and it will pass

I started again after 11 years off.. Left my wife and got retrenched all within 2 weeks.. But started riding up a storm and got strong and fit, but you cant have both..

Had a few drinks on Friday night with some old friends, woke up Saturday morning for a good training ride and felt crap, but got through it - all 115km of it. Did another 88km on Sunday and havent had a smoke since Friday eve. I can do this (again) and if I want to see my goals of a sub 2:40 947 a reality I know what I need to do.

Talking helps. Telling others you used to stand and chat to while having puff helps. Saying no to those after work drinks with others who smoke knowing that it will put you in temptation also helps. Getting out of the temptation zone until it passes..

Thats my plan anyway