Tokai Signage

Beattbox

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" MTb became the new golf" can someone explain this statement to me.

The in-game big kids play?

After midday on Sunday it's no longer "the new golf" in Tokai. Then it's dead quiet with the hordes all leg sore and at home and you can have the place almost to yourself, together with a few other hardcore riders. (Oh my gosh, what have I done?! Given the secret away, I think.)

Yupp, weekend afternoons are much nicer & quieter :ph34r:

We always ride at 6.30 am on sundays. 7 am in winter. You get the most awesome sunrises and you are down by 9.30 as it gets full.

After midday on Sunday it's no longer "the new golf" in Tokai. Then it's dead quiet with the hordes all leg sore and at home and you can have the place almost to yourself, together with a few other hardcore riders. (Oh my gosh, what have I done?! Given the secret away, I think.)

+1.

I can only get to tokai on weekends because of school.

I only go at 2 though, otherwise it's hectic.

But after 2 it's almost dead.

A few weeks ago I encountered a couple who needed a bomb and I was surprised to see people.

Anyway, gave them the bomb and head off again, not a single other person seen until the car park...

The in-game big kids play?

a company wants to thank their existing clients and maybe attract new clients so they organise a sponsored golf day. all the "players" (pardon the pun) then meet up in the lounge/bar afterwards and swop war stories and hopefully score a deal.

i don't see how mtb'ing can compare

Its called a corporate mountain bike event. All the “riders“ meet up in the bar afterwards and discuss war stories and try to make deals. Like golf but with less balls

" MTb became the new golf" can someone explain this statement to me.

Just like in corporate golf you get a bunch of numbnuts with 50k golfclubs and 20k worth of kit that ponder around the courses looking to get away from their wifes for "golfweekends" where they can get pissed and shag hookers and imitate that they can hit a ball and act dissapointed when they splice it 9 out of 10 times. You now find these chaps riding on carbon Spez bikes going for bike weekends away with their latest flavour callgirl. And if you invite your other CEO buddies and their hookers then its a "networking" session.

Just like in corporate golf you get a bunch of numbnuts with 50k golfclubs and 20k worth of kit that ponder around the courses looking to get away from their wifes for "golfweekends" where they can get pissed and shag hookers and imitate that they can hit a ball and act dissapointed when they splice it 9 out of 10 times. You now find these chaps riding on carbon Spez bikes going for bike weekends away with their latest flavour callgirl. And if you invite your other CEO buddies and their hookers then its a "networking" session.

There is no joining of wires in golf..... :blink:

And I am also not sure if you are using gold plated golf clubs....but by my estimation top of the range set available retail will set you back about R25k, kit included. Nope....a lot more "children" doing mountain biking. You just have to read the threads which caused this thread...and the wheel debates. :eek:

Edited by DaLoCo

One of my favored rides this year was riding up Tokai, through to Silvermine. Having a goof and picnic at the lake then riding around that on the climb and descending all the way back down through Tokai again.

Was around midday during the week, hardly another soul around, was awesome. Then a few days later back in Joburg ambling along the Spruit.. meh

Even on a crowded day you lot are spoilt <_<

Its called a corporate mountain bike event. All the “riders“ meet up in the bar afterwards and discuss war stories and try to make deals. Like golf but with less balls

..less, sure, but bigger!

One of my favored rides this year was riding up Tokai, through to Silvermine. Having a goof and picnic at the lake then riding around that on the climb and descending all the way back down through Tokai again.

Was around midday during the week, hardly another soul around, was awesome. Then a few days later back in Joburg ambling along the Spruit.. meh

Even on a crowded day you lot are spoilt <_<

You sir, have found the gem! So few people get to enjoy it that way, or have the time and inclination.. generally those who complain the most.

When the natural growth replacing the pine reaches full height, oooh, ride it then!! :thumbup:

You sir, have found the gem! So few people get to enjoy it that way, or have the time and inclination.. generally those who complain the most.

When the natural growth replacing the pine reaches full height, oooh, ride it then!! :thumbup:

i haven't ridden tokai (or my mtb) for a long time but you are so right.we don't know how lucky we are down here in C Town

i haven't ridden tokai (or my mtb) for a long time but you are so right.we don't know how lucky we are down here in C Town

People moan and groan easily, but overlook the beauty under their noses so easily. Silvermine and the amazing views from Noordhoek peak with fynbos flowering everywhere is a good example of this. I've often found that all you need to get away from the crowds, is to climb a little higher, or ride a little further (if you cannot go at a different time). Most Tokai riders never go further up than Level 5 or the Silvermine gate, lucky for those of us who have the legs to keep going.