Cricket......

E1A104

post-182-0-84565300-1394030839_thumb.png

:eek:

HIJACK: Now who was talking about wanting fair moderation....

Just saying, dinna worri I wont hit the report button

BIJACK

Oh get a life Swissvan winkel..I remarked on a derogatory racial slur of yours....some innocent Irish slang and a word like sheet that you hear on the radio is very very different

Oh..And p.s. what you are doing here is baiting....also against the rules of the hub!

Edited by Stretch

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what a match! What a series! I love this game! Post match interviews, I sort of like this Smith guy a bit more now. And I love that Warner bloke!

Positives from this series:

Vern improving as batsmen, he claimed the allrounder spot

AB batting like a master

Elgar opening well against the top bowling side in the world.

Abbot bowling well

Negatives

Team only waking up after we were 1 0 down

Fragile top order

Alviro not doing much with the bat.

Amla, Faf and Duminy getting back a bit of form (mostly too late though, they will probably get lots of runs in the next series)

Bowling attack looking harmless without Steyn, in test 1 he was off his best, and in test 3 he got hurt.

Vern not getting wickets

Morkel being mostly useless, except for a few good spells.

Poor fielding at times

AB batting like a master

Abbot bowling well

Negatives

Fragile top order

Amla, Faf and Duminy getting back a bit of form (mostly too late though, they will probably get lots of runs in the next series)

Bowling attack looking harmless without Steyn, in test 1 he was off his best, and in test 3 he got hurt.

Vern not getting wickets

Poor fielding at times

What my takeaway was, is that the top order failed miserably. Faf and AB aside, why was batting out more than a session left to Vern and co? I mean it was clear the instruction was to go for the draw. What the hell happened to Smith and the others?

My take away from this series.... talk is cheap, saying you are the best side in the world and BEING the best side in the world are two totally different things. And so is being the best and staying the best.... WELL DONE AUSSIES, I really hope that you have woken our cricketers up out of any false beliefs and hopes!

My take away from this series.... talk is cheap, saying you are the best side in the world and BEING the best side in the world are two totally different things. And so is being the best and staying the best.... WELL DONE AUSSIES

Yep, well done Oz and better luck next time SA.

The Oz bowling and batting was simply better than ours

Oh get a life Swissvan winkel..I remarked on a derogatory racial slur of yours....some innocent Irish slang and a word like sheet that you hear on the radio is very very different

Oh..And p.s. what you are doing here is baiting....also against the rules of the hub!

@stretch of course its different when you do / say something.

@Grebel, go take stretch's irish word and ... yourself.

If you 2 want to carry on BS about it pm me rather

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my op, i should have known better.

Edited by SwissVan

AB batting like a master

Abbot bowling well

Negatives

Fragile top order

Vern not getting wickets

Poor fielding at times

I think I have the solution to Damingo's problem with the frail opening batsman is to let big Vern and Steyn open the batting.

Well, what a match! What a series! I love this game! Post match interviews, I sort of like this Smith guy a bit more now. And I love that Warner bloke!

Clarke's interview was also good IMO.

Straight talker, something of an Aussie trait.

maaan that was disappointing, but first series lost in 5 years is one hell of a good run.

Only real take away for me is that even a 3 test series was not enough.

The way we came back from centurion's carnage and the aussies came back from st george's reverse carnage means there was no way to pick a result for a fourth test with confidence.

Got to say as much as Warner scored a lot of runs, the man of the match and series awards should really be going to bowlers who got 20 wickets on flat pitches. He also got dropped far too many times to not have a bit of asterisk against his runs.

We definitely didn't click as a team, and probably our worst fielding performace in memory - maybe a dedicated fielding coach is required. Can maybe say that AB is the only guy who performed in every test for us. Major respect to him for stonewalling the bowlers yesterday, he had every opportunity to extend his world record run of consecutive 50's in test matches...but it was the last thing on his mind.

oh well, at least we're still #1 australia will have to be as consistent as we've been if they want the mace (assuming the big three don't vote it out before that time).

That makes sense