Cricket......

E1A104

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/48704114

Eloquently put...

"As a team, they have batted with the fluency of a rhinoceros trying to play a Beethoven piano sonata during a rough ocean crossing on a slightly leaky 17th-century warship."

Referring to SA...

Zaltinator is awesome - this is his current non-Bugle cricket downloadable chitchat

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/the-urnbelievable-ashes-podcast/

didn't know about this six, classic!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin de Grandhomme, comes from a local cricket family

played for Zim in u-19 world cup.

Moved to NZ at age 20, and 6 years later made his international debut for NZ against...Zim.

Lekker Pakistan!

The race for the top 4 positions are suddenly wide open! Funny how fast things change in a week or so...

Absolutely... I'm actually hoping Sri Lanka beat us so that they also right up there.

Absolutely... I'm actually hoping Sri Lanka beat us so that they also right up there.

Poor form that :thumbdown:

Do the Windies have it in them to give us a nice upset today against India...? I hope they do, but realistically they are going to get battered me thinks...

Lekker Pakistan!

The race for the top 4 positions are suddenly wide open! Funny how fast things change in a week or so...

I think Aus and NZ are already in.

India have only dropped the point in the rained out game vs NZ, i don't see them losing 4 in a row from here. In fact I think they'll top the group, and we then most likely see Aus vs NZ in the one semi.

So that just leaves england in 4th, with Ban/Pak/Sl potentially spoiling their party. If they fail to beat India on sunday, this one should go down to the wire. To the victor, a date with Virat and co in the semis

India post 262 in their 50 overs....

Think the Windies might fancy their chances here....

107/7 after 27..... Nevermind

Seems like India and Aus are the two strongest teams at the moment. I would like anyone but those two to win it, so rooting for NZ at the moment. Eng can also be up there if they don't fold under the pressure and expectation. Otherwise SL/Pak/Bang might sneak into the semis. 

So, what to expect from the limp blommetjies today? I quite like the article on ESPN cricinfo, will they play like a team with nothing to lose, or a team with nothing to play for? The mood and body language from the players suggest the latter

Seems like India and Aus are the two strongest teams at the moment. I would like anyone but those two to win it, so rooting for NZ at the moment. Eng can also be up there if they don't fold under the pressure and expectation. Otherwise SL/Pak/Bang might sneak into the semis. 

So, what to expect from the limp blommetjies today? I quite like the article on ESPN cricinfo, will they play like a team with nothing to lose, or a team with nothing to play for? The mood and body language from the players suggest the latter

What would really piss me off is if they come out and clobber Sri-Lanka for 400 runs and bowl them out under 100... and then do the same against the Ausies in the final game.

I'd rather have them lose the last two than have to contend with the idea that they always had the great performances in them but they left it until it didn't matter anymore.

What would really piss me off is if they come out and clobber Sri-Lanka for 400 runs and bowl them out under 100... and then do the same against the Ausies in the final game.

I'd rather have them lose the last two than have to contend with the idea that they always had the great performances in them but they left it until it didn't matter anymore.

Yeah I feel the same way. And I'm sure the players are aware that if they win the next two games everyone will accuse them of only winning when pressure is off. 

Actually, perhaps we should lose to SL just to keep the semi playoffs interesting and to put to bed any doubt that this is a crap Proteas team. And then we SMASH the Aussies in our last game!

Actually, perhaps we should lose to SL just to keep the semi playoffs interesting and to put to bed any doubt that this is a crap Proteas team. And then we SMASH the Aussies in our last game!

Yep Aussie smashing is mandatory

Loosing to oz will make their homing coming even more contentious

Viva