What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows this one different to the Fenix? Besides looking pretty awesome..

Not as sports orientated as it's fitness orientated.What i like is the shock resistance.Seems to be made more for military and adventure races.

Garmin Instinct.

Looks like rain[/quot

Very nice, what watch face have you got on there?

Edited by MphatiPyga

Today I finally gave in to a many-year-long itch...

This is my kryptonite watch, and I found one.

attachicon.gif46BFD43C-5F2D-4585-9E3B-AFB0E4112EFA.jpegattachicon.gifA6A3480A-94FD-49E8-BE1A-CF56CD45E930.jpeg

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Panerai is one of my favourites. Unfortunately I sold mine when leaving the country. To be fair, it did pay for all of our flights!

I do miss that watch.

I really like the brown. It suits you. Congraulations Dawie.

Garmin Instinct.

Looks like rain[/quot

Very nice, what watch face have you got on there?

The watch itself doesn’t have downloadable faces but rather pre-set faces. Within these faces you can select what widget goes where.

It has analog and digital faces with black on white and white on black faces

During my garage cleanup on the weekend, I found a lot of stuff from the years gone by. This Omega was my grand father’s, and he bought it on 17/7/1952 (still have the receipt).

It still works, providing I wind it up - but it doesn’t fit in my taste of watches. I’ll take it to a few jewelers to get it valued then put it up for sale.

The receipt is hard to read (writing), but it looks like a 14-carat gold case.

30a11d6cb81d305f5a1963bcb4f78cff.jpg

During my garage cleanup on the weekend, I found a lot of stuff from the years gone by. This Omega was my grand father’s, and he bought it on 17/7/1952 (still have the receipt).

It still works, providing I wind it up - but it doesn’t fit in my taste of watches. I’ll take it to a few jewelers to get it valued then put it up for sale.

Don't sell it. You'll regret it down the line ;)

I'm still living in hope that one day I'll be handed the location to my grandparents time-capsule garage and inside I'll find Pateks, an E-Type and a pile of share certificates....

Don't sell it. You'll regret it down the line ;)

Curious, why would there be regret?

Umm, I’ve had it for more than 20 years and it’s not adding any value currently. Depending on the valuation, I’ll make a call.

30a11d6cb81d305f5a1963bcb4f78cff.jpg

So really there are two scenarios here: 

1. Its a bumper movement and worth a couple of thousand.. 

2. Its a regular 5xx, 7xx, 10xx, movement in there, worth a bit less but still collectible.

Just a warning, the market is down at the moment on Vintage Omega unless its a Speedmaster as the 50 year anni of the moon landing has kind of over shadowed everything. 

any chance on the paperwork there is a number in this sort of sequence 166.0163?

I eventually found the details on the inside of the back case: 2643 refers to the following details on the Omega website. A bumper movement apparently.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-tresor-omega-ot-2643

TRÉSOR
OMEGA
OT 2643

FEATURES
International collection

Case material: 18K solid gold
Vintage watch watchcase type: Press‑in
Dial: With hand‑rivetted gold hour markers and "Dauphine" gold hands.

Bracelet: Leather

MOVEMENTS
Movements: Automatic (mechanical)
Caliber number: 351

Other
Created in 1949 17 jewels Central sweep‑second hand Some of these calibers were chronometer certified.

TECHNICAL DATA
Water resistance
No (hermetic crown)

Curious, why would there be regret?

Umm, I’ve had it for more than 20 years and it’s not adding any value currently. Depending on the valuation, I’ll make a call.

It was your grandfather's watch, that he took the time to store properly with full papers. I'd rather hand it down to my kid's kids.