What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided it was time to move away from my swatch / sport watch habit and get something more civilized. 

oooh that is nice!!! Can you give us some more details?

oooh that is nice!!! Can you give us some more details?

Got it from Cajees Time Zone in the Mall of the south, was around R1900 so not too badly priced (My budget was around R2.5k), but the ones I was after being solar or dual time zone where way more than my budget, so i decided to go the "simple" route, will see if it copes with the leap year on Monday.

So what do the watch afficionados think of the Apple watch craze?

I was at a birthday brunch a few weekends ago and 4 out of 7 people had there cell phones communicating through their left wrists.

I felt quote smug using Swiss analogue technology.

Apple watch is not a watch, I see a watch as something that tells you the time by turning your wrist and looking at it, without the need to press any additional buttons to see the time. :ph34r:

I have one of these a Gillette Reflex, but apparently it doesn't count as a watch since you have to press a button to enable the display :P The old led watches used a lot of battery power so having it on all the time would drain it fast. There was a model that had a sensor that turned of the display when you flick your wrist.

http://www.digital-watch.com/images/made/IMG_0375_400_500_f9f9f9_imageswatermark.png_140_60_80_r_b_-10_-10_all_15_s_c1.jpg

Apple watch is not a watch, I see a watch as something that tells you the time by turning your wrist and looking at it, without the need to press any additional buttons to see the time. :ph34r:

No need to press a button.

I've got a skx007. It's my first mechanical watch and I'm stoked with it. Bought it because of it's cult following, and it's reputation as somewhat of a work horse.

And I could afford it!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81VdQ8%2BXJ1L._UL1500_.jpg

Edited by SlowManiac

I've got a skx007. It's my first mechanical watch and I'm stoked with it. Bought it because of it's cult following, and it's reputation as somewhat of a work horse.

And I could afford it!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81VdQ8%2BXJ1L._UL1500_.jpg

Where and how much please (if you dont mind)....do you get stainless strap as well?

Where and how much please (if you dont mind)....do you get stainless strap as well?

I bought it from eBay (I'm in Australia though). Was about $260 AUD which is just under R3000 post zuma *** op ronts.

Didn't get the stainless strap - was planning on changing the rubber one but it's grown on me.