Fast One

Joker

How many crashes were there? I know of 2 in open/seeded... Is this the south's most dangerous race? (to borrow and paraphrase a bit)

I came down really hard ten Kay in. Shoulder knee elbow and head dinged..

Fell in front of a tandem, really sorry for interrupting their race.

Bike broken. Pity

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also heard them saying there was a crash in the elites at 38k's (was a serious slippery section but we were well warned) and that Martin Weseman had broken his collar bone ....

Friend of mine told me he also fell after a lady rider went down infront of him and he could not avoid going into her bike. Dunno which group, but he rides open/seeded.

There were plenty punctures! Saw 2 guys who had used 3 tubes each and had run out. Big ups to the Cycle Lab rider who turned back to help the 1 guy.

I really enjoyed this race. No parking problems, good venue, well organised, quiet relatively smooth roads and cool weather conditions. Yes there were a few crashes, but that is to be expected when big fast groups are going down the road. Marshals and medical staff seemed to be on the ball. I will be back next year.

Great race, well organised. Need to get my seeding up though. Starting from the back sucks!

See you all next year

rode B bunch as a training ride

went down in a crash with 5 others at 50 k's

cant blame the race, organisers, traffic

it was just rider error

1 x broken arm, but bike just fine :)

6 of us came down at about the 50km mark in the B bunch.

Trubie & I were two, don't know the other 4 guys.

2 of the guys were in serious pain and were waiting for the ambulance.

While we were getting our wounds cleaned an ambulance came in with a lady that looked in pretty bad shape, she was taken to hospital.

I have some road rash and the bike needs a little TLC.

VA Bunch was insane, guys riding into each other, pushing each other off the road (on purpose) heading into the sprint, was kaking myself, really makes me mad to see guys doing that in the bunch in amateur racing, these guys need to catch a wake up, lots of us have families with small kids and dont need to go down in a pointless crash!

Bad crash in the Elites in front of us on that corner with the slippery surface.

Apart from that was a pretty cool race but lots of negative racing until a handful of us got involved to bring the break back.

6 of us came down at about the 50km mark in the B bunch.

Trubie & I were two, don't know the other 4 guys.

2 of the guys were in serious pain and were waiting for the ambulance.

While we were getting our wounds cleaned an ambulance came in with a lady that looked in pretty bad shape, she was taken to hospital.

I have some road rash and the bike needs a little TLC.

When we eventually got going again from our little 'incident' at 25k's in the CL lot a lady was still lying on the side being attended to and she looked in quite a bad way (elbow/ankle looked horrible)

The rae was not nearly as fast / easy as i had anticicpated! my legs were crying from Xterra Lite teh day before and Ironman 70.3 the week before. had a long day out (3.28).

extremely well organised, good marshals etc.

congrats!

When we eventually got going again from our little 'incident' at 25k's in the CL lot a lady was still lying on the side being attended to and she looked in quite a bad way (elbow/ankle looked horrible)

Quite possibly the lady whe fell infront of of my friend. He managed to miss her, but not her bike, and as a result he also went down. He was in CL bunch.

Paul, I have to agree. The AL sprint for 5th was crazy as 4 riders had already boken away. For a "Fun Ride" guys are taking too many chances, crossing the white line, touching wheels etc. I am too old and scared to contest the sprints towards the end. Will rather come in 5or 10sec off the bunch and survive to ride my bike again.

VA Bunch was insane, guys riding into each other, pushing each other off the road (on purpose) heading into the sprint, was kaking myself, really makes me mad to see guys doing that in the bunch in amateur racing, these guys need to catch a wake up, lots of us have families with small kids and dont need to go down in a pointless crash!

Bad crash in the Elites in front of us on that corner with the slippery surface.

Apart from that was a pretty cool race but lots of negative racing until a handful of us got involved to bring the break back.

Paul, I have to agree. The AL sprint for 5th was crazy as 4 riders had already boken away. For a "Fun Ride" guys are taking too many chances, crossing the white line, touching wheels etc. I am too old and scared to contest the sprints towards the end. Will rather come in 5or 10sec off the bunch and survive to ride my bike again.

100%, I was also in the sprint finish and some guys really go ape with 300m to go. Weighing up your options one has more to lose than bragging status.