ARGUS SEEDING

road

"I wonder why."

"wonder what has changed...."

I suspect there's a lot "wondering" going on this morning.

Seems CycleTour were not only late with seeding, but may also have gotten quite a number very wrong.!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year I was supposed to have a brilliant seeding, but, alas, I'm riding with my boys. That means a 09h20 start when some of my mates would be on the home straight. I'm seriously looking forward to it though. The plan is to just enjoy the experience and help them to the finish. Our not-so-official aim is somewhere between 5 and 6 hours, so we'll see you all at the finish sometime after 14h00.

"I wonder why."

Seems CycleTour were not only late with seeding, but may also have gotten quite a number very wrong.!

same position in the Argus each each (approximately) for the last 4 years. Rode A last year, F this year. Bit drastic.....seems like you have been penalised if you only did one seeding event.....

"I wonder why."

Also wondering how they did the seeding. My times for this years events are not that much slower to warrant a drop of three seeding groups. And then I had a Twenty minutes faster 2011 Argus compared to 2010.

Guess I must just pedal my heart out from H this year. NO CHANCE OF A SUB 3 THOUGH. And it is my 10th Argus in a row, to boot.

I am in D, up from F last year. was hoping for B, but think that my times on the tandem and focus on triathlon perhaps hurt me. darn!

MY buddy dit n faster time last year then in 2010 and they droped him from R to YY. Try beating that drop in seeding

Interesting that VA starting with Elites @ 6:15, they normally have their own start group before VB

So its Elites/VA/under 23 Juniors @ 6:15

Racing tandems 6:20

VB/ladies/masters @ 6:24

A @ 6:27

I was thinking the same like you but quickly realized I'm grateful to be in A after I saw the start times and combining of groups

You just need to see what they did to our elites in the Cobra :)

In D - what is the change I can go sub-3 in this group?

Quite good, weather permitting.

Oops, had a look at last years tesults. With close to perfect weather the winner did a 2:58. So unless you stick with the front guys, it could become difficult to make sub 3.

Edited by Wannabe

Interesting that VA starting with Elites @ 6:15, they normally have their own start group before VB

So its Elites/VA/under 23 Juniors @ 6:15

Racing tandems 6:20

VB/ladies/masters @ 6:24

A @ 6:27

There is some seriously strong VA guys that will kick some elite butt.....

same position in the Argus each each (approximately) for the last 4 years. Rode A last year, F this year. Bit drastic.....seems like you have been penalised if you only did one seeding event.....

Same, A last year, done 3:03 now I'm down to E :( - no seeding events though but that didn't seem to matter previous years ....

Keep in mind everyone's times were waay better than norm last year due to weather. Even if you did well, relatively speaking it may not have been an improvement. Still, R - YY seems a bit harsh...