Rugby...

'Dale

Hats off to Blitzbokke who got a 3rd this weekend, with a hugely weakened team.

They pulled a big one out the fire in the 1/4s against Aus, 19-0 down at halftime and Branco sunk two difficult conversions to pull level.

Got a bit unlucky in the semis.

Here's the final play https://youtu.be/7FnVnu70a58?t=1109

Fiji concede proffesional foul in the 22, no card

Then offside from ruck for next penalty.

They don't retreat even 3m but manage to dislodge the ball, but get away with it.

They need to work on kickoffs, both receiving and attacking.

The good news is that this is our fullstrength team for the commonwealth games next month, with the currently unavailable players highlighted. Mostly due to Super rugby or short term injuries

We have got LOADS of depth in this squad, good news for time to come.

The Rugby Sevens teams are:

Men: Tim Agaba, Philip Snyman, Dylan Sage, Kwagga Smith, Werner Kok, Kyle Brown, Branco du Preez, Rosko Specman, Justin Geduld, Cecil Afrika, Seabelo Senatla, Ruhan Nel, Siviwe Soyizwapi (travelling reserve).

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perspective on transformation, race, politics, quotas, the SA rugby socio-politics [emoji1221]

https://m.sport24.co.za/Columnists/MarkKeohane/dont-blame-transformation-for-sa-rugby-woes-20180315

Having read Cardinelli's article on Transformation in the latest SA Rugby Mag the numbers he presents and the case he argues has merit. Similarly this article by Keohane does drive home the crisis with SARU's inability to get Transformation happening in a realistic way. No drive to get the quantity to get the quality. Certianly not as things currently stand.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

So Ireland are grand slam six nations champions. England never pitched up and ended up 5th on the log only just above Italy. A pretty clinical day out by the Irish and they are looking really good

So Ireland are grand slam six nations champions. England never pitched up and ended up 5th on the log only just above Italy. A pretty clinical day out by the Irish and they are looking really good

Was dreading the SA/England test series but maybe it might just be a cracker and the springboard we so desperately need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There goes my Superbru Sharks upset the order of things beating the Blues 63-40 in NZ ! 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/PRO14/johan-goosen-back-in-cheetahs-no-10-jersey-20180412

Could be interesting! I still rate him as one of the raw talents in world rugby. Early injuries as a youngster, and mismanagement by his agent, hasn't allowed him to shine through.

Based on pure sentiment, I'll back him as an outsider to take the no 10 for RWC. But he'll have to show his class between now and then. 

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/PRO14/johan-goosen-back-in-cheetahs-no-10-jersey-20180412

Could be interesting! I still rate him as one of the raw talents in world rugby. Early injuries as a youngster, and mismanagement by his agent, hasn't allowed him to shine through.

Based on pure sentiment, I'll back him as an outsider to take the no 10 for RWC. But he'll have to show his class between now and then. 

Obviously that business venture didn't go accordingly!?

Was also a big fan when he hit the scene, however the wonder kid never showed he was good enough for a decent period of time because of injuries and playing in 3 different positions.

lets see how this goes 

Looks like the Lions are doing a good job against the Waratahs, so far. 

19-0 to the Lions, 65 minutes into the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to agree with him . The NZ teams are not as dominant as previous years. Other than the Crusaders the other teams have all lost to non NZ teams even at home with the Blues losing all their home games. Australia on the other hand have yet to beat a NZ team. 

“Our (South African) conference is becoming just like the New Zealand conference.”

https://citizen.co.za/sport/south-africa-sport/sa-rugby-sport/super-rugby/1924486/john-mitchell-south-african-group-becoming-as-strong-as-new-zealands/

I tend to agree with him . The NZ teams are not as dominant as previous years. Other than the Crusaders the other teams have all lost to non NZ teams even at home with the Blues losing all their home games. Australia on the other hand have yet to beat a NZ team. 

“Our (South African) conference is becoming just like the New Zealand conference.”

https://citizen.co.za/sport/south-africa-sport/sa-rugby-sport/super-rugby/1924486/john-mitchell-south-african-group-becoming-as-strong-as-new-zealands/

I think even the players have lost interest in the Super Whateveritiscallednow. I know the public certainly has. As they say too much of a good thing ....

I think even the players have lost interest in the Super Whateveritiscallednow. I know the public certainly has. As they say too much of a good thing ....

Might be, I'm looking at the Blues vs Hurricanes game and the stands are virtually empty. 

Look at our games. Only Newlands and Kings Park are fairly full, rest of the stadiums are virtually empty.

That says a lot.