Rugby...

'Dale

My reason for above is the following: If the team cannot stand up against the coach that "teach" them sh@tty moves and ideas then they are just there for the money. They do however have the ability to play very good rugby i do agree to that fact. Secondly it does not matter which coach you bring in to coach the team because political interference will always dictate which players he must pick...........  

I know i overreacted a bit but i hate to lose !!!!! :blush:

For the team to stand up and basically revolt against the coach things will have to be REALLY bad. Also, as a player you don't want to do anything that might piss your one chance of playing for the boks down the drain. So I doubt it will ever get to that stage.

And as for the quota thing. AC picked only 3 POC in his starting team. So you can't really blame the loss on that. Yes it affects SA rugby very badly in general, and it's one big reason why so many of our players bugger off overseas. But my point is, AC is just a shite coach and no matter the quality of players at his disposal will always achieve mediocre results.

I'm calling for a coach like Johan Ackerman who took a bunch of no-names, unwanted players from other unions and coached them into a formidable team that beat 4/5 NZ super rugby teams this year. AC in his stormer days had guys like Schalk Burger and Duane Vermeulen in their prime, and also J. Nienaber who is probably one of the worlds best defense coaches. And still he achieved nothing. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the English commentators on Sky 1 this weekend mentioned the difficulties that SA Rugby are currently experiencing with direct reference to the politics.....

It doesn't take a genius to see what the problems are. Unfortunately not even our National coach (or selectors) can see them and needs to call an indaba to get input from other coaches to help identify these problems.....

It is my understanding that NZ, although they are a national side, are run as a business with NO Political input and players are picked on form and ability. The scary thing is that they could change players in any position multiple times a season and not skip a beat.....

Did u see the Eddie jones interview where he said AC was a good coach......

And would know how to fix the problem.... never knew Ozzies could be so diplomatic

Did u see the Eddie jones interview where he said AC was a good coach......

And would know how to fix the problem.... never knew Ozzies could be so diplomatic

I didn't see that. I will be having a look this evening though..... 

Bok team vs Italy:

1. Tendai Mtawarira, 2. Adriaan Strauss (Capt), 3. Vincent Koch, 4. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 5. Lood de Jager, 6. Nizaam Carr, 7. Willem Alberts, 8 Warren Whiteley, 9. Rudi Paige, 10. Patrick Lambie, 11. Bryan Habana, 12. Damian de Allende, 13. Francois Venter, 14. Ruan Combrinck, 15. Willie le Roux.

Substitutes: 16. Bongi Mbonanmbi, 17. Steven Kitshoff, 18. Trevor Nyakane, 19. Franko Mostert, 20. Teboho Mohoje, 21. Faf de Klerk, 22. Elton Jantjies, 23. Johan Goosen

Why the hell is Strauss still there? this was the perfect opportunity to blood a few youngsters, give guys like Bongi and Marx more game time. Even more bizarre, still no Rohan. Absolutely pathetic. Dunno if I should waste my time watching this.. 

Currently we stand at 40% win rate this year, 2 remaining wins and we should get to 50%.

We should beat Italy comfortably, however this will lead AC to believe we are getting our game together when in fact nothing could be further from fact. 

And as for the quota thing. ........AC is just a shite coach and no matter the quality of players at his disposal will always achieve mediocre results.

AC IS the quota thing

I just checked the TV schedule and Italy v SA is not on any of my channels....not even on the Italian channels we get.

Good thing i hear some say BUT i would still like to watch... live streaming search to commence...otherwise its watch a recording of todays Man U vs Arsenal

Haven't seen many people wearing their Bokke jerseys in support of the team... says something of the current situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen many people wearing their Bokke jerseys in support of the team... says something of the current situation.

Yeah saffas tend to be fickle supporters...never understood that.

Not me tho i still support them no matter...even tho i do bitch and moan while watching them play :blush:  :blush: once a bok always a bok

Some people still wear bok jerseys!?